England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problem in our team is the right defender. Koundé or Pavard are not good enough in this position and its a true weak link in our formation.
But from a french perspective, you have a lot of amazing player, but Southgate has trouble to make them play "naturally". Like maybe he overcomplicate things too much. Is it true or just my thought ?

No one is going to be the fall guy for not single handedly stopping the best player in the world.

You guys should spend less time getting paranoid about potential future unfair press coverage and just enjoy a fucking World Cup run.

If we beat France you’ll just complain that the media is excited about playing a semi final.
Who is “you guys “ btw ?
I couldn’t give a flying fairy fuck about England but I am aware of the build em up to knock ‘em down brigade from tournaments past in the media .

We can cause them a shed load of problems with our front 3/4, I don't think they'll be looking forward to facing us, unless the waistcoat reverts to type that is

Unfortunately I can see Southgate going back defensive in this one, wouldn’t be surprised to see Mount and/or Philips come in

Hopefully not, and an unchanged team from the Senegal game would do for me.

We have our own superb attacking talent, so we really need to go for it

If we put our attackers in rubber dinghies, the French won't stop them.

(with thanks to Matt from the Daily Telegraph).

The problem in our team is the right defender. Koundé or Pavard are not good enough in this position and its a true weak link in our formation.
But from a french perspective, you have a lot of amazing player, but Southgate has trouble to make them play "naturally". Like maybe he overcomplicate things too much. Is it true or just my thought ?

I think it’s just he has made the team played too negatively in the past in big games. Although you could say he over thinks it, but then ended up a playing in a very basic way of just defending and trying to counter when possible.

Also he has his favourites that have often started in favour of better players.

I think in this tournament, England have shown that they can play in a much more cohesive and natural way when attacking. But it’s almost like Southgate has been forced to play the likes of Foden who can actually take the initiative and just play his game and doesn’t need instructing.

But the reality is we haven’t played a really good side like France , yet so we don’t know how he’s going to approach it. It looks like he has taken the handbrake off a little bit in the tournament, 4 at the back and we are attacking more and scoring goals. But there’s every chance he could shit the bed before Saturday and revert back to the negative tactics.

Who is “you guys “ btw ?
I couldn’t give a flying fairy fuck about England but I am aware of the build em up to knock ‘em down brigade from tournaments past in the media .
Draw against USA and we're going out. Get out of the groups and we're going to win it.

And you're right, they do like to build it up then make their scapegoats.

Are France the first team ranked above England that we have met in the Finals ( European or World ) under Southgate ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.