England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This for me too. I don't particularly rate Southgate as a manager, I think he is quite negative, his substitutions are a little odd and the football is a little slow most of the time but who else is there, realistically?
Pochettino? Still lives in England.

We was brilliant tonight
Absolutely brilliant
We really weren't, we were average, in an average game, and lost.

Our forward players first half were awful, we created nothing of note.

We upped it second half for 25 minutes, and deservedly got back in the game, then there was some poor defending, a decent cross, behind again, then missed a golden chance (penalty) to go level again, and out we go.

France were there for the taking for 25 minutes of the second half, and we didn't "take them".

As for Southgates subs, Sterling has been away for most of the week, therefore hasn't been involved in any training sessions, yet Grealish who has, put on in in the 98th minute (and I'm far from his greatest fan), a pretty poor effort on his part for me.

It'll probably surprise you to know, that I agree on Maguire, I think he's been good too, as has Shaw too.

feels like we don't have many English supporting blues on here...

We controlled them for large parts of the game, can't fault their performance should have won, maybe took a chance outside of the pens to show our threat but unfortunately at this level against the top ranking team in the world they will have chances and took their. walker was amazing no talk of Mbappe really thought the night kept him relatively quiet. Saka and foden looked class no idea why Southgate took him off for sterling who was clearly a step down. sort of agree with aluko, taking two pens in a high pressured game is a tough feat, seen it so many times, messes missed a sitter against Saudi Arabia so against France there's always a chance a player fluffs another option to keep loris on his toes could have been an option. anyway gutted but for once looked very much in the game against the best team in the world?

Din't test Lloris after 1-1. Anyone else thought that the intensity was a bit low compared to the other games?
I said the same. Other teams like Portugal were all over their opponents and nearly nicked it through Pepe. We created fuck all, probably because Waste Coat had fucked it up with the subs

Nah he’s didn’t
He was superb all tournament
I’ve said all along knock out football can mean anything happens

We was brilliant tonight
Absolutely brilliant

We over analyse tactics, formations etc corse we do - In a world of social media

Every game is a 50/50 at this stage

We played Better and lost

So be it

Well done England, proud as always
Did we really play better?

What chances did England create from open play, nothing.

I don't think France were that good tonight but were good enough to beat a waistcoat team sent out in straighjackets!

A bit OTT on slabhead too, he's made some whoppers in this tournament and was centre half tonight in a team that conceded twice!

Well the Boys in white didn’t give in they fought to the end. However it wasn’t to be tonight. I could state my reasons why and how I would have approached it in a different way but it won’t change the result so I won’t. :-)

One thing I am very concerned about though is John Boy. Is he going to be ok? Kyle Walker proved himself once again and was my MOTM. Our (City) boys did well and although I am gutted we didn’t get through I am also relieved that some more of our boys are coming home.
Yes City are my team but that doesn’t mean I can’t also support England.

Onwards and upwards with the Boys in Blue now and let’s win all the trophies available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.