England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s hard to explain, but all these successful international teams seem to have that in them. I don’t even mean as people, just as football players. You just see guys like Griezmann, they have that look in their eye where they don’t seem to have any fear of the occasion. You don’t see that in England players. Whatever it is, I think you need that to get over the line in games like tonight.
Great point, and see Morocco earlier, they chased and harried everything, and deserved the result they got, was it pretty ? No, but they certainly put a shift in, not just defensively either, they could have scored 3 in the last 10 minutes with better choices or finishing.

Yes rode their luck at times.

Quick question re the possible penalty in the first half:
One of the prime uses of VAR is penalties, so are there cameras giving a clear view along the edges of the penalty areas so we know if potential offences are inside the box? I know Clatter-bent famously guessed against Spurs 7 seasons ago, but surely VAR should show inside or out.

feels like we don't have many English supporting blues on here...

We controlled them for large parts of the game, can't fault their performance should have won, maybe took a chance outside of the pens to show our threat but unfortunately at this level against the top ranking team in the world they will have chances and took their. walker was amazing no talk of Mbappe really thought the night kept him relatively quiet. Saka and foden looked class no idea why Southgate took him off for sterling who was clearly a step down. sort of agree with aluko, taking two pens in a high pressured game is a tough feat, seen it so many times, messes missed a sitter against Saudi Arabia so against France there's always a chance a player fluffs another option to keep loris on his toes could have been an option. anyway gutted but for once looked very much in the game against the best team in the world?

At no point did we control the game. Since Pep coming to us I’ve learnt that control comes from maintaining possession, moving the ball quickly & exhausting them whilst you identify space to expose. It was anything but controlled.

WTF you ****
You said “I couldn’t give a fuck about tonight”. Apologies but I disagree. Although I support City, I still want England to do well. I want Foden, Stones, Walker etc to win. In fact I don’t care if Luke Shaw scores the winner I just want an England win. But obviously you’re a bigger blue because you only care about City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.