England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't see any problem for England tonight, stroll in the park, unless Southgate has his usual brainfart.

Not sure about stroll in the park. I bet Brazil fans thought that yesterday and this one is seen as much more even on paper.

Definitely winnable though if we don’t play within ourselves.

It'll be tight tonight but I fancy us for the win unless the waistcoat tries to think out of the box, I don't want a penalty shoot-out my nerves wont stand it ;)

I see this game as the first ‘true’ hurdle for England in this comp. I think we have the makings of a decent young side but I still feel we lack quality in defence and it’s that which will cost us tonight…,

I see this game as the first ‘true’ hurdle for England in this comp. I think we have the makings of a decent young side but I still feel we lack quality in defence and it’s that which will cost us tonight…,

Would you take any of their CB’s at City instead of Stones? No chance for me.

Kounde over Walker? Well Kounde was never considered a right back before but been utilised there by Xavi at Barca and now at France. It’s not considered his natural position. Barca were defensively shocking in the champions league and got put out in the groups.

Theo Hernandez was second choice left back after his brother who got injured. Is he better than Shaw? Maybe. I know Shaw is a rag but I actually think he’s decent when he’s fit and in form. I wouldn’t say there’s much in it.

Then you’re left with Maguire. I’d probably take the French centre backs over him just based on club form

I think on paper we are about on par with them in defence, but it will just come down to us being able to defend as a unit against a good side.

France’s defence hasn’t looked too clever.

I’m worried he’d have recalled sterling v Senegal if he’s not have gone home. I hope I’m wrong but I see him reverting to a back 5 with Sterling back in for Phil. If he does we’ll lose. Stays with what beat Senegal and no reason whatsoever we can’t beat France comfortably.
Wow

Southgate will panic, have a brain fart and will somehow shoehorn in TAA, Dier, Mount, Rashford and Sterling.
Substitutes - The Cavalry
Since 2016 and Roy Hodgson we've vastly improved. That's down to Gareth Southgate tbh.

The difference is stark compared to what it was

But you really think he'll play dier and trent?

Pretty certain it will be the same line up. Play like we did first half hour against Senegal and it’ll be a long night.

Probably better to get the ball forward instead of the back and forth passes around the back 4 which we seem to fall back to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.