England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Southgate had got the city job in 2008 we would be still watching Mr Barton and David Silva would be an impact sub. Oh well for the sake of the 3 City lads come on England zzzzzzzx

Out of form 9 or not, he is still England's best striker, so there is merit to crossing to Kane.

Crosses can also be low on the ground or in behind for quick wingers, I expect to see Shaw/Tripper cross "ahead" from an on running Saka/Sterling more than once today.
You make it sound like the German players will just stand back and watch as we do it.

Wonder what starting 11 and formation Pep would have chosen with this squad.

Too busy giving everyone a game in the friendlies than bother about formation.
I’d rather we went for it and put a marker down but he’s hoping for a maguire set piece 1 nil
They did that at the World Cup, he's reverted to type. Like i say it could work, but given that the PL has 3 of the most progressive coaches in the world and English players starting nearly all games for them 3 teams, why not try and tap into it? Because our coaches have always been backwards.

That selection makes Sweden look like an attacking side.Thats where we are though on a a par with Sweden ,Denmark and Switzerland

They're even saying it in the build up, Germany's back 5 isn't a back 5, Kimmich and Gosens are essentially midfielders.

Ours 'wingbacks' are defenders which makes ours a back 5, far too defensive, too worried about what they're doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.