England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's really hard to break down when done well. I've never seen this City side look more toothless than when up against a good 352/532. Seeing Aguero or Jesus toil completely pointlessly against 3 CBs, seeing the half spaces get closed down and wingbacks block our wingers getting around.

It's a horrible thing to watch.
Getting PTSD from some games against Wolves over the last few years
I still don't think Pep has fully figured out how to beat it.

It's really quite simple in concept, in defense, you have a 541/5311, which just defends with more numbers and easily transitions on counter attacks.

If you want to pin the opposition back, it has a simple shift of the wide areas pushing up 343 and 352/3511.

And another huge benefit is in it's simplicity of tactics for players.

In a back 4 your fullbacks have to constantly change position when defending or attacking, wingbacks staying wide is much simpler.

Most "wingers" prefer to play in the half space rather than far out wide, and 343 fits this perfectly as well.

A back 3 also let's your CBs push forward and make passes and be creative, which suits most high level CBs.

It’s not just the fact that Fodens not playing as irritating as that is. It’s the fact that England are boring to watch. With the emerging young talent it’s poor not to have the likes of Grealish and Mount playing. If it wasn’t for the City lads playing I would probably not bother watching but I hope they all do well.
Me too. Hope the City lads do well, but it’s hard to get behind such a negative, boring team. All that young talent at his disposal and he picks that team tonight. I might be wrong and somehow England get through but I suspect I won’t be.

It's really hard to break down when done well. I've never seen this City side look more toothless than when up against a good 352/532. Seeing Aguero or Jesus toil completely pointlessly against 3 CBs, seeing the half spaces get closed down and wingbacks block our wingers getting around.

It's a horrible thing to watch.
You still need a bit of creativity in the mf 2, England have non whatsoever, relying on Rice and Phillips to dictate play is awful.

I like your breakdown, but theres no chance southgate is that astute and what we will see is 85 minutes of pickford lumping it long to kane or sterling.

Followed by killer substitutions including Rashford for Kane, who will have ambled around the pitch trying to set himself up for 85 mins, with zero service, as all of the the rest of the team are busy packing out our own penalty area.

There’s absolutely no creativity in that team whatsoever. Ridiculous line-up

3 atb has become insanely popular recently. Chelsea and Inter's recent success, and even this tournament have shown a paradigm shift away from 4 atb.
The thing is, saying "3 at the back" gives the formation an attacking kudos that it doesn't deserve.
Generally, the 3 is mostly a back 5, depending on how good the wing backs area, and how courageous the manager is.
Now, all I'm saying is that the wing backs are not fantastic and the manager is a defensive obsessive.
So, call it what it is.... a back 5 with two holding midfielders!

What a fucking spineless coward Southgate is.

Imagine not selecting any of the four most talented playmakers in Europe in Foden, Mount, Grealish and Sancho.

English football reverting to type.
Is spot on

Football is a very basic game,and you start by playing your best team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.