England v Hungary | Nations League | Tues 14th June '22

Are Walker, Stones, Grealish and Sterling overrated and mentally weak ?
None of them ever perform to the same level in an England shirt that they do in a City shirt, or in Jack's case, even in a Villa shirt.

It's about coaching, working as a team, and using a system that gets the best out of every player, not just relying on the supposed stars.

The England players look as if they don't believe in each other. Last night was little better than an assortment of blokes picked off the street half an hour before kick off.

To give national teams some opportunity to try players and tactics before tournaments. The quality of opposition and football much better than in qualifiers. The alternative is to go to EUROs and the WC with no preparation whatsoever.
Never really affects us as we seldom get there.

I didn't see the game but I'm assuming it was as bad as the majority on here seem to think it was?

But none of us should be surprised, not really. The footballing authorities in this country do not live in the 21st Century. They probably still believe Victoria is on the throne, that Jack the Ripper still haunts the dark, heavily-misted back alleys of Whitechapel, and we all still anxiously await the next published edition of 'The Pickwick Papers.'
These are not footballing men, they are the embodiment of the privileged few that roll off the conveyer belt at Eton and other such hallowed places. They belong at Ascot, or at Lords, quaffing champagne and generally confirming that George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' is alive and kicking on these dark, satanic mills.

Southgate is yet another in a long line of incompetent sycophants to manage our national side. Appointed by faceless beurocrats, one eye on the stocks and shares and the other on the firm young buttocks of the young maids who clean their palatial offices, for minimum wage.

Fuck them, fuck the England set-up - in footballing terms I'm interested in Manchester City ONLY.

None of them ever perform to the same level in an England shirt that they do in a City shirt, or in Jack's case, even in a Villa shirt.

It's about coaching, working as a team, and using a system that gets the best out of every player, not just relying on the supposed stars.

International football is always disjointed though, what countries actually play free flowing football where the players perform the same they do at club level ? I watched France the other night, Benzema, Mbappe etc were awful - couldn't even control the ball at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.