England v Hungary | Nations League | Tues 14th June '22

I didn't see the game but I'm assuming it was as bad as the majority on here seem to think it was?

But none of us should be surprised, not really. The footballing authorities in this country do not live in the 21st Century. They probably still believe Victoria is on the throne, that Jack the Ripper still haunts the dark, heavily-misted back alleys of Whitechapel, and we all still anxiously await the next published edition of 'The Pickwick Papers.'
These are not footballing men, they are the embodiment of the privileged few that roll off the conveyer belt at Eton and other such hallowed places. They belong at Ascot, or at Lords, quaffing champagne and generally confirming that George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' is alive and kicking on these dark, satanic mills.

Southgate is yet another in a long line of incompetent sycophants to manage our national side. Appointed by faceless beurocrats, one eye on the stocks and shares and the other on the firm young buttocks of the young maids who clean their palatial offices, for minimum wage.

Fuck them, fuck the England set-up - in footballing terms I'm interested in Manchester City ONLY.
And to cap it all.....

There's trouble at t'mill.

I like West Ham and you probably like Moyes and think that he's doing a good job. Trust me, however, even if he stays there for the next twenty years and is given a fortune to spend, what you're seeing now is as good as it will ever get.

To give national teams some opportunity to try players and tactics before tournaments. The quality of opposition and football much better than in qualifiers. The alternative is to go to EUROs and the WC with no preparation whatsoever.

I've wanted England to use friendlies to try things for years, and now the Nations League offers the only real opportunities. They're also against the top sides in Europe (broadly) so are a decent challenge.

All four matches have seemed slow, but the team last night was a punt.
Try out a player at left back (our left footed left backs are injured)
Give a couple of players a game (Guehi, Gallagher)
Try out a variant front three to see if anything comes off (I don't think we'll see Saka on the left again)
Play Philips without Rice.

I suspect that from the matches, Southgate can cross out quite a few possibilities, and it'll sort out his squad more easily. What it definitely proved was the the need to play at least one left-footed player on the left, and that the midfield has to be secure if the fullbacks are to get forward and support the attack. The rotten sending off call didn't help either.

The calls for Southgate to go are ludicrous kneejerkery. Euros final last year, and 5 months before the World Cup - it's just not going to happen.

Says the guy whose team just got humiliated at home.
We did indeed - hence you being like a dog with two dicks on here.

I actually wanted Scotland to beat Ukraine to set up a British play off with Wales but you lost.

Every cloud has a silver lining though - there'll be three dates in November where domestic abuse cases in Scotland won't rise alarmingly now.

Have you ordered your Iran flag yet?

If you and/or the players don't really want to take part that's fair enough. The PL is one long gruelling season, just ask the Dippers(!), but at least put in a performance that doesn't end up with the worst home defeat for nigh on a century.

Has Stonesy been made the scapegoat this morning?

I've wanted England to use friendlies to try things for years, and now the Nations League offers the only real opportunities. They're also against the top sides in Europe (broadly) so are a decent challenge.

Try out a player at left back (our left footed left backs are injured)
Give a couple of players a game (Guehi, Gallagher)
Try out a variant front three to see if anything comes off (I don't think we'll see Saka on the left again)
Play Philips without Rice.

I suspect that from the matches, Southgate can cross out quite a few possibilities, and it'll sort out his squad more easily. What it definitely proved was the the need to play at least one left-footed player on the left, and that the midfield has to be secure if the fullbacks are to get forward and support the attack. The rotten sending off call didn't help either.

The calls for Southgate to go are ludicrous kneejerkery. Euros final last year, and 5 months before the World Cup - it's just not going to happen.
Try out a player at left back (our left footed left backs are injured) - AKA shoehorn another right back into the team.
Give a couple of players a game (Guehi, Gallagher) - AKA not allowing players to play in your usual formation so that you have a reason to bring back favourites like Maguire and Mount next time.
Try out a variant front three to see if anything comes off (I don't think we'll see Saka on the left again) - AKA try to justify not picking Jack Grealish again so you aren't accused of having an issue with him.
Play Philips without Rice. - AKA choose what should've been the easiest game in the group to try a single holding midfielder but fucking that system up because the rest of the team is unbalanced/inexperienced.

Try out a player at left back (our left footed left backs are injured) - AKA shoehorn another right back into the team.
Give a couple of players a game (Guehi, Gallagher) - AKA not allowing players to play in your usual formation so that you have a reason to bring back favourites like Maguire and Mount next time.
Try out a variant front three to see if anything comes off (I don't think we'll see Saka on the left again) - AKA try to justify not picking Jack Grealish again so you aren't accused of having an issue with him.
Play Philips without Rice. - AKA choose what should've been the easiest game in the group to try a single holding midfielder but fucking that system up because the rest of the team is unbalanced/inexperienced.
You know Southgate 10/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.