England v Iceland - Fri 7th June, 19:45 | Friendly

If Waistcoat doesn’t want Jack near the team, for perceived lack of something, be that ability or professionalism, that’s entirely his prerogative. However, Jack Grealish is no different today than he was when Waistcoat picked him for the 33 man squad.
However, pick him he does. He then puts him on the pitch for 35 minutes where is then unarguably England’s most effective player of the night. He is interviewed and asked specifically about Grealish where he says, he was excellent and they know all about what a threat he poses to the opposition. Obviously his next move is to drop him (and Madison) to keep a 19 year old MU defensive midfielder and Connor Gallagher as well as a Palace defensive midfielder who’s played 19 PL games in the squad.
Still, entirely his choice (nobody is that surprised, as he’d drop Messi and Ronaldo if Kane and Henderson were in their 20’s and available)!

Where he’s massively failed is how he’s dropped Grealish (and maybe Madison) by channelling his inner Hoddle and making a big show of being Billy Big Bollocks (didn’t work out great in the end for Hoddle with Gazza)

It’s no surprise that several players have knocked on his door about it and there’ll be a few who look at him markedly differently than they did last week, which is not a great way to start a tournament, I wouldn’t imagine.

I support England on way home now and off to Germany next week, not a fan of pizzaman never have been but when we had Alan Ball, Frank Clark, Stuart Pearce etc I never stopped going and supporting so to hear "I can't be arsed with England they're shit" I don't understand it does that mean when we're good again in your eyes you'll jump aboard.
If you generally don't like England it's the same as me not liking the other 19 teams we play in Premier League. Each to their own I suppose.

So, who made 2 goals against Bosnia and was then sent home...
Not there tonight and...
Southgate is a fucking clown.
Pissing away the best chance we have ever had to win a trophy since 1966..
If he does becomes the rags manager, as least his two syllable name fits the song

I agree about Grealish but if players aren't selected how will they ever gain tournament experience?

You don't pick 6 players with little or no experience in international football, You have the UEFA National League to blood players not a major tournament, Ok maybe the 6 will be squad players and gain some experience But you need somebody on the bench that can change a game (Grealish)

You don't pick 6 players with little or no experience in international football, You have the UEFA National League to blood players not a major tournament, Ok maybe the 6 will be squad players and gain some experience But you need somebody on the bench that can change a game (Grealish)
As i said previously, I'm not disagreeing about Grealish but there is only 1 way players can gain experience

As i said previously, I'm not disagreeing about Grealish but there is only 1 way players can gain experience

I get that and all other england managers have done it in the past, But you don't leave a game-changer out for somebody to just get the experience, Spain France Germany Holland would never drop a game changer from their squads

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.