England v Iceland - Fri 7th June, 19:45 | Friendly

It’s because our defence is sh*te. If we don't play 2 x DM's then it will be like a knife through butter v anyone decent. Intl football is still sh*te
That’s not the reason though as we’ve had a reasonable defence in the past and he’s played exactly the same way.
Also, if the defence is your liability you might as well look to win games 4-2 because this team ain’t winning 1-0…

I'd still go with Walker. Looking at how easily Iceland got through or over the top of England last night, its clearly something better teams will do more effectively. Walker's pace will be needed.

England are weak at the back, especially with Stones being half fit at best. I don't think they can afford a slower liability at right back.
Walker was nowhere to be seen for Icelands goal last night.

Amazing all the flak that Southgate gets. Irrelevant friendlies don’t matter, tournaments do and his record there stands scrutiny.

And I’m genuinely surprised at blues buying into the usual over the top narrative about what a sublimely talented squad we have. We don’t. An ageing Kane is world class, Foden and possibly Bellingham are too. That’s it. So Southgate is doing a decent job with the pretty average bunch at his disposal.
The problem is not the players you must be joking about Southgate doing a good job. His record stands scrutiny in tournements what record is that ?

The problem is not the players you must be joking about Southgate doing a good job. His record stands scrutiny in tournements what record is that ?
SF, F, QF

If you’ve been around since 1977 mate you’ll remember a lot of tournaments where England got nowhere near that level of success

SF, F, QF

If you’ve been around since 1977 mate you’ll remember a lot of tournaments where England got nowhere near that level of success
I have followed international tournements since 1982 , the problem Southgate has is that , Brazil, Argentina, Netherland, France, Germany, Italy and Spain have been miles off there best but his England squat is even better then ever , so he has not the same competition the others had . Southgate has pissed away what should have been a great English team.

One of their players looked like our former youth team player, Alfie Harrison. I'm sure Harrison could qualify to play for Iceland. His surname ends in "son".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.