England v Iceland - Fri 7th June, 19:45 | Friendly

As I said earlier, you can see no wrong with Southgate. Any criticism of him is "petty bitterness". Well; I hope you're right, I really do. I hope you're on here in mid July, giving it the big 'un.

I’ve already said I don’t think we’ll win it.

so no doubt when we lose they’ll be a few ecstatic posters tagging me in asking where I am.

Always the odd exception, and even if we won 4-0 would it make any difference? Would you and others be giving Southgate and players praise, especially if an opposition player you don’t like scored for us? Nope , just be the usual petty bitterness.

As for Holland, last time they were in the Euros they got knocked out last 16 by Czech Republic- imagine the uproar if that was us
I am from Iceland so I watch both games.
Holland looks alot closer to winning Euro then England , Southgate should never get any praise he is shit. I hope I am wrong I will be rooting for England but looking at these two games then Holland is a team but England not and it will show against Serbia.
Serbia will win .

I am from Iceland so I watch both games.
Holland looks alot closer to winning Euro then England , Southgate should never get any praise he is shit. I hope I am wrong I will be rooting for England but looking at these two games then Holland is a team but England not and it will show against Serbia.

Well it’s a friendly and really doesn’t count for much, our starting 11 will be totally different for starters, many of our first team players that did play the main priority would have been avoiding injuries and taking it easy. As I say, these friendlies are always forgotten come the major tournaments

Well it’s a friendly and really doesn’t count for much, our starting 11 will be totally different for starters, many of our first team players that did play the main priority would have been avoiding injuries and taking it easy. As I say, these friendlies are always forgotten come the major tournaments
True but isnt that the same for Holland.

Like I said I watched both game and England was shocking no game plan . I truly hope I aþ wrong but I just dont see a winning team in England. The coach has to be good and Southgate is shit.

We really can't excuse a performance like that against a minnow without laying the blame firmly at the waistcoats door, with the squad he has got he should be wrecking sides like that.

Agreed.

Of course Branthwaite is young and probably nowhere near as good as he'll eventually be. But a good season in central defence in an Everton side that's had to defend a lot to stay in the league proves he's a decent player who can handle pressure. It's not like he's competing for a place with loads of experienced centre-backs - that position is pretty much Stones the veteran alongside a selection of players with a handful of caps. Makes more sense in that context to give talented 21-year-old Branthwaite the opportunity over solid but uninspiring 32-year-old Dunk.

For me, Mainoo has promise. He's tenacious and drives forward on the front foot, and those are good qualities. But he's also defensively naive, positionally poor and his league experience is a few months in a midfield that hasn't worked out how not to be overrun. I don't think he's good enough right now for the senior squad - should be learning his trade in the under 21s, I don't think he meets the threshold to be skipping that step.
Your last paragraph mirrors my thoughts on the lad - it was much too big a step to put him straight into the full team.

I’ve already said I don’t think we’ll win it.

so no doubt when we lose they’ll be a few ecstatic posters tagging me in asking where I am.

You" don't think we will win it",you don't say why though,were one of the favourites and you keep banging on about how good the manager and team is.

I also don't think we will win it,a big part of the reason being the manager/coaching team being out of their depth.

I actually hope i am wrong as I take absolutely no joy out of England failing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.