England v Iceland - Fri 7th June, 19:45 | Friendly

Amazing all the flak that Southgate gets. Irrelevant friendlies don’t matter, tournaments do and his record there stands scrutiny.

And I’m genuinely surprised at blues buying into the usual over the top narrative about what a sublimely talented squad we have. We don’t. An ageing Kane is world class, Foden and possibly Bellingham are too. That’s it. So Southgate is doing a decent job with the pretty average bunch at his disposal.
The Euros final vs Italy, we went 1-0 up and tried to see it out for 75 mins.

The WC semi vs Croatia we were gash.

France we were unlucky.

We made the Semis, FInal and Quarters but could someone else have got us over the line? Who knows. But what I do know is we're top heavy and we can't go defensive this time.

Apologies, tagged in a few times by joyous posters who are buzzing with excitement that England lost what is basically a pointless freindly that will be and probably is already forgotten. I’m away on Holiday in Greece drinking Mythos and eating Ribs so unfortunately (fortunately) didn’t watch the match - however the glee and delight that we lost is hilarious, bet some can’t wait for us to lose at whatever stage of the Euros so they can jump on here and celebrate.

Apologies, tagged in a few times by joyous posters who are buzzing with excitement that England lost what is basically a pointless freindly that will be and probably is already forgotten. I’m away on Holiday in Greece drinking Mythos and eating Ribs so unfortunately (fortunately) didn’t watch the match - however the glee and delight that we lost is hilarious, bet some can’t wait for us to lose at whatever stage of the Euros so they can jump on here and celebrate.
You just can't find it in your soul to criticise them, even when the evidence is overwhelming that they were shit. Stevie Wonder could see it, but you can't.

You just can't find it in your soul to criticise them, even when the evidence is overwhelming that they were shit. Stevie Wonder could see it, but you can't.

Probably was, didn’t watch it.
Can’t imagine Italy scraping past Bosnia 1-0 last night was particularly brilliant either , same for Germany narrowly beating Greece 2-1, France being held to a 0-0 draw with the mighty Canada. All results in recent days.

I’ve said it loads of times- international football isn’t free flowing amazing to watch like the PL, players are not used to playing with each other, it’s more tense, other teams make it harder to break down which slows the game. How many countries play amazing attacking football ?? Even watching likes of Brazil and Argentina it’s often dull and slow.

Yet England fans can’t stop moaning and whinging demanding we play this mythical attacking style of football. Southgate has done England proud , bought cohesion, taking us to semi final and final at major tournaments and often gives youth a big chance. That’s why I like him.

Either way, couldn’t care less who the manager is. Just support England whether we’re shit or not and would never jump on here after a defeat full of glee and happiness, I’ll leave that for the bitter ‘fans’.

Probably was, didn’t watch it.
Can’t imagine Italy scraping past Bosnia 1-0 last night was particularly brilliant either , same for Germany narrowly beating Greece 2-1, France being held to a 0-0 draw with the mighty Canada. All results in recent days.

I’ve said it loads of times- international football isn’t free flowing amazing to watch like the PL, players are not used to playing with each other, it’s more tense, other teams make it harder to break down which slows the game. How many countries play amazing attacking football ?? Even watching likes of Brazil and Argentina it’s often dull and slow.

Yet England fans can’t stop moaning and whinging demanding we play this mythical attacking style of football. Southgate has done England proud , bought cohesion, taking us to semi final and final at major tournaments and often gives youth a big chance. That’s why I like him.

Either way, couldn’t care less who the manager is. Just support England whether we’re shit or not and would never jump on here after a defeat full of glee and happiness, I’ll leave that for the bitter ‘fans’.
Why would we be bothered about Italy, Germany or France? Just because they were underwhelming doesn't make it alright for us to be.

Why would we be bothered about Italy, Germany or France? Just because they were underwhelming doesn't make it alright for us to be.

Fans expect us to play this free flowing exciting football we see in the PL, doesn’t often happen in international football - for any country - that’s the point, everyone throws pelters at Southgate rather than realise international football is just totally different spectacle to domestic football and that’s proven world wide. Is the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.