England v Italy | Nations League | Sat 11th June '22

It hurt a little less than last time but it was still bewildering for us. And to think it could have been so fun with all these new young guys we're lining up in this Nations League (though maybe they wouldn't have been given a chance if we'd been in the WC)
Especially off the back of when you won Euro 2020. Still Italy will not be missing much in Qatar;especially with it disrurpting all of Europe's domestic schedule.

Last edited:
Disappointed Grealish wasn't really able to capitalise on the Germany performance. Feels like he's getting mixed messages from the manager and he's torn between his natural game of running at teams, and wanting to prove he can be safe and sensible and retain possession
I thought Grealish played exactly the same tonight as he has for England in the past
He just carries the ball sideways in front of the defenders and makes a simple pass
It's why I was and still am hugely underwhelmed with him

I thought Grealish played exactly the same tonight as he has for England in the past
He just carries the ball sideways in front of the defenders and makes a simple pass
Agree to a certain extent, but there's fuck all movement in the side to enable any forward penetration. It's fucking soul destroying that football Southgate churns out. Why do I do it to myself.

Southgate was poor as a club manager,he was in the right place at the time of England needing a manager.
His tactical awareness and managerial skills are on a par with Stuart Pearce,do I need to say more.
It also tells you all you need to know about the people who make the decisions in English football, and that is why the English football team has been crap for the last 40 years.

Give him a little bit of movement in front of him and he runs at defences and puts some good balls in.

England looked static up front tonight and with no decent forward pass on, what's he supposed to do except recycle possession?

When Jack came on against Germany, Kane started making runs into the box because he knew the service would come. That's how the penalty came about, and on another day he would have got another goal or two from open play.

But when Kane came on tonight, he was still dropping deep for the ball. Worse still, in the absence of someone in defence who can pass or carry the ball forward (i.e. Stones), Grealish was dropping deep too.

I'm sure Italy were delighted to see Grealish picking up the ball between the LB and CB, passing forward to Kane in the CDM position, rather than each of them being 50 yards further forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.