England v Italy | Nations League | Sat 11th June '22

The last World Cup must have been one of the easiest routes to a semi final ever. It was akin to looking back at the runs some teams had to win the European Cup in years gone by.
You can only play who you're drawn against and beat them which despite some dour stuff at times he's don't better than most managers we've had over the last 40 years or so. What did stand out yet again last night was without fans in the ground footballs fuck all, the powers that be need to keep a check on fans being priced out of premier league games or their products knackered.

Very well said.
Who should England appoint as next manager though?
Eddie Howe? Graham Potter?
(Sean Dyche is immediately available too I believe...)
: )
The Howe and Potter's of this world are too early right now. More experienced needed learning their trade in the top flight something Southgate never did. But yes to Eddie and Graham as an England coach in future. Can see great things with either of these at the helm.

You can only play who you're drawn against and beat them which despite some dour stuff at times he's don't better than most managers we've had over the last 40 years or so. What did stand out yet again last night was without fans in the ground footballs fuck all, the powers that be need to keep a check on fans being priced out of premier league games or their products knackered.
I get the 'you can only play who's in front of you'. Doesn't take away that England had a ridiculously easy route. Southgate is a dull boring twat, his team reflect him. Thank fuck England have never had a Mourinho, a Ferguson or a Guardiola in charge. Probably would have had at least a world cup and a euros to show for it.

Last edited:
I get the 'you can only play who's in front of you'. Doesn't take away that England had a ridiculously easy route. Southgate is a dull boring twat, his team reflect him. Thank fuck England have never had a Mourinho, a Ferguson or a Guardiola in charge. Probably would have had at least a world cup and a euros to show for it.
Possibly its anyone's guess as to what could have been,we tried a Eriksson and Capello they make Southgate look almost competent :-)

I mean look back to 2018 and the Croatia game when we had them on the ropes and what does he do when they are having a go back at us ??? He sits back and does nothing to try and stem the flow till it’s to late :(. Now I can understand it if he learned from it but the same thing happened against Italy honestly this side will go deep into this years world cup but it won’t be the players that fail ......... it will be down to a manager who simply ain’t got it in him to get us over the winning line ...............we really do have the players to cope with ANY team on this planet sadly we ain’t got the manager to do it :(
Rinse and repeat as soon as we meet any half decent side.

last years euro final, we scored early and italys aged backline were shit scared of our pace on the break so he pulls the wingers back and we sit on the edge of the 18 yard box with pickford launching 80 yard balls giving them possession. just waiting for them to score. Dont even want to go in to the subs.

He’s pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.