England V Italy, Quarter Final 2012 (merged)

80s Shorts said:
Pigeonho said:
80s Shorts said:
He has played as a lone striker and could have very nearly scored the goal of the tournament.
But he didn't. And for the rest of the game Lescott has had him for tea.

Whatever makes you happy. Balo has had a great game. He has little support and has looked the most likely to score. Who would you rather have if it goes to pens, Balo or Lescott.
I see your point there. The irony though, (not of your point, but of pens), is that Balotelli faces Hart!!

Pigeonho said:
adrianr said:
Pigeonho said:

Bit too much credit to Lescott I think. Balo has left our whole back line on its arse what, 5 times now?
Fuck that. Anything Lescott has had to come up against, against Balotelli, he's sorted.
(It's only what would be said if Balotelli played for anyone else)

with a hand from terry and cole and co

Pigeonho said:
adrianr said:
Pigeonho said:

Bit too much credit to Lescott I think. Balo has left our whole back line on its arse what, 5 times now?
Fuck that. Anything Lescott has had to come up against, against Balotelli, he's sorted.

I agree completely that the one on ones Lescott has been a rock, but Balo clearly hasn't been in his pocket when he's had as many good run through on goal that a slightly better ball or touch could have resulted in a goal. And the close up shot earlier on too. Balo could have scored a few times, and that's not being in anyone's pocket by any definition in my book.

Lescott has had Balo in his pocket? Lmao Balo has had some great chances, on another day he would have bagged a couple.

Pigeonho said:
adrianr said:
Pigeonho said:

Best player on the park IMO can you name one better and I'm not a mario is god guy, just glad he's put a shift in

Pigeonho said:
adrianr said:
Pigeonho said:

That wasnt his point, as you well know. Lescott has done reasonably well when up against Balo. The poinrt being made was that Balo has pulled our backline all over the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.