England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have been shit. Second half Slovakia didn't threaten much, but aside from Rice hitting the post I don't think we did either until the long throw into the box with 30 seconds left.

We've somehow dragged ourselves to the quarter finals, wouldn't be surprised if we ground out a penalty win in this and into the semis we go.
Probably do a Greece at this rate, while the media say how this is nice for the country to have after all the problems the UK has had........

It won't change anything or eradicate the financial damages Brexit has given, it won't solve the cost of living problems, it won't repair the damage the Tories have done and it certainly won't bring dead people who died of COVID back to life.

We will get this for like two weeks, then the public will realise we are still in the shit.

Probably do a Greece at this rate, while the media say how this is nice for the country to have after all the problems the UK has had........

It won't change anything or eradicate the financial damages Brexit has given, it won't solve the cost of living problems, it won't repair the damage the Tories have done and it certainly won't bring dead people who died of COVID back to life.

We will get this for like two weeks, then the public will realise we are still in the shit.
You mean, a good time to bury bad news ? ;-)

I honestly don't think that Southgate has any idea and he can't even manage the game itself anymore. The team was knackered and crying for subs. The manager looked clueless and beaten until Bellingham dragged them out of the shit.

I'm not hopeful of anything on Saturday, Slovakia were decent but Switzerland will be a different prospect at the back. There's not a chance in hell that we'll get a pop against Akanji as he's been one of the players of the tournament. My bet is it'll be drab and go to penalties or we'll take a beating.

Selfishly my bigger worry is for the city lads who are playing awfully, they look completely lost in this team.

Could not understand this either.

He makes subs the worst he will get is he got it wrong.
He doesn't make subs he is clueless.

Surely it's better to be wrong than clueless?

What was Toney doing coming on in the 95th minute? It can't have been for a penalty as surely Kane and Palmer would be ahead of him? It was a clueless sub. It was almost Mike Bassett esque where we needed a goal and he just went "sod it put a striker on" but it was that clueless he left the better striker on the bench!!!! (Watkins)

It's like 2004-2006 again, a team of highly talented individuals playing under a manager who has no clue what to do and get the best out of them because he cannot make the big decisions.

Bellingham should not be in the team at number 10 when you have several players who can play the position better, this is the biggest issue England has. No one can get the ball into him because he is not switched on as a creative player to find space, so it leaves Foden, Kane and Saka all exposed. He's a better Dele Ali, his skill is arriving in the box and scoring which he's very good at but he's taking up all the space of our creative players. James Maddison would have been better than Bellingham in this England team.

Trippier should not be playing left back when Chilwell and Mitchell are at home. It doesn't matter if they may not perceived to be international standard. They are left footed and balance the team.

The whole things a mess and like in previous tournaments, the minute we face a decent side we will be sent home and it will be this Saturday.

I'm always a 'let's just see how it pans out' type of fan rather than going mad over tactics and who plays - If i let myself get bothered say about Saka because i don't rate him then i'd feel a mug when he scores a worldie to win us a match. so i'd rather avoid the humble pie. let the manager pick who he wants and just get behind the lads. Not a kop out, just how I've always been as a fan.

this is Southgate's last tournament, it hasn't often always been pretty and we've sometimes been poor over the years but he has built cohesion within the camp, got us the results, given us so many good memories and ultimately taking further than any other England manager since 66.
From your answer above its reasonable to deduce that alot of our disagreement over Southgate is over expectations. My expectations are higher as I know these players can perform better than they have been , I watch several every week doing exactly that under Pep and I realise I am very lucky to do so. I don't want this to sound arrogant but I guessing you don't get to see that at West Ham with the players you have in general or with David Moyes in charge in recent years. Therefore you don't expect Southgate to change tactics midway through a game and get 100% out of the team when it matters most.

You seem content even happy? with him "getting the results " as you say, against lower ranked teams but failing every time we come up against a decent high ranked team which is what happens.

No one remembers who got knocked out in the semis or quarters or even the final, it's the winning that matters!

Southgate to me is just another failure in a long line of England managers, yet he has a pool of incredibly tallented attacking players to pick from he just doesn't know how to get the best from them, that annoys me and many others but not you. Fair enough.

IF…and it’s the biggest if, these imposters were to win this comp, it would proudly sit along side Greece, as the worst ever performing team to win.
Totally uninspiring, gutless leadership, and this bloke could go down as the nations second only manager to win something!!
And might I add, Greece had nowhere the talent to call on,as the waistcoated wanker has at his disposal
Think Portugal were even worse than Greece to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.