England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pickford's a tinderbox liability
Walker's had one tournament too many.
Trippier's out of position
Shaw's stuck in KFC
Trent's a One Hit Wonder and done nothing since Wishing Well.
Stones has been horrendous for such a talented player.
Guehi's only playing because we literally haven't got anyone else.
Rodri executes a pass before Rice even sees it
Mainoo's ring fenced from criticism so we can't mention his poor positioning when the opposition have the ball
Kane's like a 10 year old following the ball and not staying central
Saka's doing everything apart from what he was selected for.
Foden's more disciplined than Bellingham but strangely that's a weakness when playing for England. Far better to charge into a head-down aimless dribble and win a throw in near the corner flag.
Bellingham clearly sees himself as the next Beckham, so substitute a last minute equaliser against the mighty Greece, for a last minute equaliser against the mighty Slovakia and await the stupid red card.
Waistcoat has got the tactical nous of General Galtieri and the communication skills of Chemical Ali

Prediction?
England 3 Switzerland 0

It's not coming home, but it might get as far as the next street.
Good post and great to meet you last week mate.

What occurred to me on the boat home whilst watching Georgia beat Portugal was the left back situation.

Luke Shaw is not fit, hasn't played, probably won't and really shouldn't. It was pointless taking him but even more ridiculous not to take any alternative. It's like Southgate has decided it's Luke Shaw or nobody.

Georgia's left back was getting up the wing and slinging crosses in. If he were English, he wouldn't be in our squad. Surely Ben Chilwell or Tyrick Mitchell from Palace are better players than Luka Lochoshvili. Georgia don't have the option to choose someone better than Lochoshvili because he's probably their best left back. What their manager does therefore is put the best player he has in each position. Southgate doesn't seem to understand this concept and hence, we end up starting a tournament with three right backs in the team and no left back available. Kieran Trippier wasn't amongst the five best right backs in the Premier League last season but Southgate sees fit to put an out of form right back in the left back position. It defies logic to me. .

What occurred to me on the boat home whilst watching Georgia beat Portugal was the left back situation.

Luke Shaw is not fit, hasn't played, probably won't and really shouldn't. It was pointless taking him but even more ridiculous not to take any alternative. It's like Southgate has decided it's Luke Shaw or nobody.

Georgia's left back was getting up the wing and slinging crosses in. If he were English, he wouldn't be in our squad. Surely Ben Chilwell or Tyrick Mitchell from Palace are better players than Luka Lochoshvili. Georgia don't have the option to choose someone better than Lochoshvili because he's probably their best left back. What their manager does therefore is put the best player he has in each position. Southgate doesn't seem to understand this concept and hence, we end up starting a tournament with three right backs in the team and no left back available. Kieran Trippier wasn't amongst the five best right backs in the Premier League last season but Southgate sees fit to put an out of form right back in the left back position. It defies logic to me. .
Yeah it's a weird one and not without precedent as Sven did something similar at previous tournaments.
We've also seen Gerrard and Lampard shoehorned into a nondescript formation with predictable results.
Our only hope is that other countries are also suffering from a dearth of quality and I can't ever recall a tournament with so many has-beens failing to recapture former glories.

I believe we can with their ability. These players all perform in their domestic leagues. I just don't understand why we always go sideways or backwards. The instructions are very negative.

Kane will drop deep if he is starved of service but there will be no runners behind him if he does that either. All the players seem extremely cautious about taking any risks whatsoever.

I don't see any real plan anywhere on the field. I really hope we turn it around next match!!!!
Absolutely no plan
. Pattern or shape..thats why our players don't/ can't pass first time like nearly all the rest here. Surely the days between games are for recovery and 'walking football' where you work on shape, patterns of play, how to 'get out' how to support front man etc. No exertion needed just effort and brains..WTF are this lot doing between games!! Tactically a million miles behind rest. Makes our technique look woeful. Players and management team all need to take responsibility. We look sh*te and deserve to go out next round.

International is sh*te really. Lost interest years ago when i kept hearing dicks from West Spam, Chels! Burnley and any 3 or 4 div team go through that dirge "No Surrender' now its "Ten German bombers" literally no other sings about a war that started 85 years ago! F'kin might as well start singing about Waterloo! Jokers. Puts me right off caring if it gets these goons cheering and messing their nappies

International is sh*te really. Lost interest years ago when i kept hearing dicks from West Spam, Chels! Burnley and any 3 or 4 div team go through that dirge "No Surrender' now its "Ten German bombers" literally no other sings about a war that started 85 years ago! F'kin might as well start singing about Waterloo! Jokers. Puts me right off caring if it gets these goons cheering and messing their nappies
I was actually posting about team selection, nothing to do with songs that are sung by fans of international football but go on, I'll respond.

1720012966370.png

Just from memory, this banner, referring to the Russian occupation of Poland for the decades following World War 2 followed street battles in the streets prior to the game. Are you certain that there were no chants from the Russians before, during or after the match?

Scotland's national anthem, sung passionately by the Tartan Army is about the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314.

I don't condone the song book of England fans but to boldly claim that "literally no other sings about a war that started 85 years ago" is a complete nonsense.

Ivan Toney should listen to himself, the footballing world knows he's just going to carry water for Harry Hotspur I'm surprised he's surprised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.