England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is actually a decent player but he's no different really to Kalvin Phillips (when he could get a game).

Pep lost interest in Philips for a reason and it's because he was scared to death of the ball and Rice is the same. They're both good enough defensively but they're not comfortable standing alone with the ball and they also have no idea how they can play their part offensively. This is why Rodri is so good.

Rice will always need somebody pivoting around him but with England there's nobody that can do it. A perfect player in this England side would be Gundogan or somebody like Bernardo Silva coming deep to collect but nobody fits the bill. You can see this perfectly because at one point tonight Kane was playing in the position!
He’s a good player but too much of a marauder, takes too many touches and can’t control a game.

I was quoting someone from earlier in the thread ya muppet. Seems you and many others didn’t see it.

That aside, my opinion. thought we played much better than the previous 2 opening games (which isn’t saying much) - but least we pretty much dominated possession and camped them in their own half- just the final product or finish let us down. subs that come on for us looked lively and played well.
Slovenia camped the box, defended for their lives and fell down feigning injury which broke the game up loads, the ref was shit aswell. frustrating match but a few positives we can take.
Avoiding Germany Saturday is probably the biggest positive though.
It’s shit or bust now and previous results don’t matter , so that’s a positive . As for players going down and feigning injury then Bellingham led the way tonight for us , similar to the Etihad this season when he was chasing shadows and blowing out of his arse .

We stink. We really stink the place out.

I actually quite like Southgate as a bloke, he seems like he genuinely tries to be a decent bloke.
No matter how strong willed a person is I imagine the mental pressure to bend to public opinion and media pressure is pretty immense, so I'm not going to going to call him silly names, but fuck me his tactics are dull.

There's safe and there's this walking-football bullshit we're being served up.

Decent subs. Mainoo and Palmer both did better than the lads they replaced, so that's a positive I hope.

But where's that Bellingham kid from those Adidas adverts? When's he going to come on and get some minutes?

Seriously, that fraud needs dropping, tell everybody he's picked up a knock or that he's physically fucked to save his face so that his all important PR image isn't trashed, just drop the lazy useless EA sports computer game lie, he's a fake.
Nothing to disagree with here.

She say’s definitely start Mainoo and Palmer but doesn’t say who for or what the changes would achieve.

True, though pretty much all of them have said the same thing without a coherent explanation of how it would work.

I'm sure Southgate said something prior to the tournament that implied the England managers freedom to operate is constrained by having to manage the media pressure/agenda. On the basis most of our media is clueless, this is not a good admission.

If you think all that was missing was the final product then there is genuinely no fucking hope for you pal.

Well yes, we got in loads of attacking posistions down both flanks and made plenty of opportunities but that final pass or finish let us down, made a few really good moves- one ruled out for offside, the cross that Kane was inches away from and Palmers effort at the end, the build up play for them chances was much more positive than previous games.

Mainoo was worse than Gallagher, if that is at all possible.

Palmer and Gordon did more in 5 minutes combined than most of the others.

Southgate is absolutely fucking clueless
The Mainoo comment is purely because he is a rag. He was much better and composed to Gallagher, although that wasn't hard.
Personally I would put the Palce lad in there, but he is the next best thing at the moment.

Anyone think Bellingham might have deliberately stunk the place out to try and convince Gareth that Phil in the middle doesn’t work and we can’t score??

Knowing that the result didn’t really matter?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.