England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Offside goal ruled out for Saka by brilliant link up play from Foden and Rice.

Foden good free kick but keeper saved well.

Trippiers brilliant ball whipped in that Kane was inches away from scoring at full stretch but couldn’t quite get there.

Foden free kick into the box with a panic scramble , Saka with a overhead but couldn’t connect.

Rice half volley edge of box after good build up but hit it wide.

Right at end, quick counter from England, Kane played it to Palmer who had a big chance but his tame shot was saved
Palmer one was a chance. Others were snap shots and a clear offside. Didnt really create anything other than the palmer one.

Offside goal ruled out for Saka by brilliant link up play from Foden and Rice.

Foden good free kick but keeper saved well.

Trippiers brilliant ball whipped in that Kane was inches away from scoring at full stretch but couldn’t quite get there.

Foden free kick into the box with a panic scramble , Saka with a overhead but couldn’t connect.

Rice half volley edge of box after good build up but hit it wide.

Right at end, quick counter from England, Kane played it to Palmer who had a big chance but his tame shot was saved
I only remember the Gallagher one, where he missed the header and Kane also missed the same cross, from Trippier.
The others, I wouldn’t call them chances and I’m an England fan, remember.

Palmer one was a chance. Others were snap shots and a clear offside. Didnt really create anything other than the palmer one.

We should be creating more, just felt Slovenia defended so deep and frustrated us, faking injuries and wasting time that they just didn’t allow us to get going. Credit to them I suppose.

We should be creating more, just felt Slovenia defended so deep and frustrated us, faking injuries and wasting time that they just didn’t allow us to get going. Credit to them I suppose.
I just think we are set up all wrong. Proper width/wingers and foden middle and we beat them. We didnt really trouble them at all. We are 19th out of 24 teams on shots and 8 still have to play. My biggest problem with southgate is he has 4-2-3-1. That’s it. His changes are just different players in the same roles. No tactcial deviation what so ever. Like I’ve said, I’d wager he’s delighted.

Klopp is not a bad call but he would burn out the players and himself at the same time after a couple of years. Another issue his style doesn't favour possession Football which tends to be the most successful style when it comes to International Football. I don't rate Martinez highly but he too would get us playing better than Southgate.
Considering England's best players, a counter attacking aggressive team might be a better style fit.

Better on the ball as a team. Koeman isn't afraid to switch things. The Netherlands don't have particularly brilliant strikers but have scored in two out of three games.
I like the Dutch team, I have done for years but when I have watched them this tournament they have disappointed. Not as much as England, mind;)

Should have experimented tonight and had pace all over pitch.

Gordon, Watkins and Palmer front 3. Given Bellingham a rest and played Foden more central. Plus had Alexander Arnold at full back.

Slovenia were never going to score whoever was picked.

I just think we are set up all wrong. Proper width/wingers and foden middle and we beat them. We didnt really trouble them at all. We are 19th out of 24 teams on shots and 8 still have to play. My biggest problem with southgate is he has 4-2-3-1. That’s it. His changes are just different players in the same roles. No tactcial deviation what so ever. Like I’ve said, I’d wager he’s delighted.
Exactly what I said when he substituted Palmer for Saka. What was the point in that? Should have been Palmer for Bellingham and play Palmer on the wing, move Foden into the middle. Foden was playing sometimes in the middle, but so was Bellingham and Rice. With them interchangeable, it sounds good but it wasn’t because they didn’t know where each other was and half the time, Kane was dropping deep getting in the way. Next match, I’d drop Kane for Watkins, younger, full of energy. Palmer on the left, Foden in the middle with Bellingham and Rice in front of the back four.

Should have experimented tonight and had pace all over pitch.

Gordon, Watkins and Palmer front 3. Given Bellingham a rest and played Foden more central. Plus had Alexander Arnold at full back.

Slovenia were never going to score whoever was picked.
They should have experiemented in the previous friendlies. Especially vs Bosnia. Get the cohesion before the tournament starts not during.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.