England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the formation Southgate should’ve started the tournament with, a better performance, against a side who gave Germany a good game, & humbled Italy. Signs of things clicking finally.
Defensively much better, thought Konsa had a good game. Rice was better, & the rest of the midfield looked a lot more secure. Still should’ve changed it before Switzerland scored, as it you could see it coming from a mile away. I still think Gordon has a role to play.
Penalties were outrageous, if only the rest of the play was that good.

The irony if we go all the way just by winning penalty shootouts and in doing so not missing a single pen.

Palmer, Toney and Trent all feel like locks and Saka + Bellingham took there's confidently too. The biggest question mark I have is over Pickfords giddyness on the line and his ability to save one or two.

That would be the last of my worries.

Pickford is 3 from 4 in shootouts for England.

The rest of England’s goalkeepers in history are 1 from 7.

Great, even more weeks of Jingoism. Just fuck off Waistcoat and your fucking take on of Portugal 2016.

One win and 4 draws and in the semis. I hate teams who dog their way to deep runs. They are even worse than Argentina at Italia 90.
See Arsenal in their famous “unlikeables” season.

So Southgate has got England through to the semis as a minimum. He's not getting sacked whatever happens now is he?

Shame, i quite fancied him as the rags next manager.

I disagree about Saka but maybe I appreciate Bernardo’s intelligence of his decision making over Saka. If your going to beat the man & not find anyone with the cross it’s pointless.

In fairness, it's not like we get many runners into the box when he beats his man, there's usually nobody there to pick out.

I juat can't fathom how any manager can look at those first four matches and keep things basically the same. He's so cautious that he thinks the team playing free flowing football is a bad sign. I genuinely think his strategy is to bore everyone including the opposition to death. If they do not come against Spain they'll be annihilated.

I juat can't fathom how any manager can look at those first four matches and keep things basically the same. He's so cautious that he thinks the team playing free flowing football is a bad sign. I genuinely think his strategy is to bore everyone including the opposition to death. If they do not come against Spain they'll be annihilated.

The thing is I don't think England will be annihilated at all. They may well lose, I'd expect Spain or France to get over the line vs England when it comes down to it, but England won't be annihilated and Southgate knows it, and that seems good enough for him. Don't be easy to beat and try to snatch a win, that seems to be Southgate's way.

I'm not sure we'll get past Netherlands anyway.

David White

It’ll all be over on Saturday. Southgate is a very limited manager with no bollocks.

Blue Maverick

Roll on Friday and give us all something to smile about before Switzerland embarrass us on Saturday

burnley blue mcfc said:
I watched the Swiss take Italy apart, they’ll more than likely do exactly the same to us

burnley blue mcfc

We won’t get the chance to compare ourselves to Spain because the Swiss will beat Us.

chris85mcfc

What a truly awful side and formation he's got out there

Astonished that you can get 3/1 about the Swiss in 90 minutes

abu13

I think we are going to get fucked today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.