England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
David White

It’ll all be over on Saturday. Southgate is a very limited manager with no bollocks.

Blue Maverick

Roll on Friday and give us all something to smile about before Switzerland embarrass us on Saturday

burnley blue mcfc said:
I watched the Swiss take Italy apart, they’ll more than likely do exactly the same to us

burnley blue mcfc

We won’t get the chance to compare ourselves to Spain because the Swiss will beat Us.

chris85mcfc

What a truly awful side and formation he's got out there

Astonished that you can get 3/1 about the Swiss in 90 minutes

abu13

I think we are going to get fucked today.
Happy with 120 mins of more boring football to get to a penalty shootout? Won due to five great conversions but, equally the Swiss pens were just as good with the one exception, Kanji's horrendous attempt! If you are happy with that then, clearly your standards are low.

Past England managers like Ron Greenwood would have created a beautiful team that the country would have be proud of

I don't know what its like where u live but in my area there are only one or two St George flags and that's it, no enthusiasm, Ive never seen this before normally there are flags on cars and numerous houses Basically the country is asleep may be that's fulling the his promise to make us dream

"Its tournament football" a phase invented to explain how crap England are under this relegation expert

Football is allegedly part of the entertainment industry, someone should tell the Southgate and the FA

Happy with 120 mins of more boring football to get to a penalty shootout? Won due to five great conversions but, equally the Swiss pens were just as good with the one exception, Kanji's horrendous attempt! If you are happy with that then, clearly your standards are low.

Why was the whole England crowd jumping up and down celebrating, why was the pub i was in and every single one in England packed full of celebrations after the final whistle?

Should we all just turn the telly off and be disgruntled after reaching another semi final of a major?

All I know is that for years, copious amounts of alcohol got me through watching City & England Now I’m completely teetotal all I do is moan at the tele for 2 hours for the latter.

Southgate has somehow managed to make quality players look distinctly bang average, yet here we are in the semis again? ‍♂️

Before all 5 matches this tournament I’ve told myself we can’t be as bad as last time, but we are …. I dislike what I’m witnessing that much, part of me actually wants Rodri & Co to smash 5 past us next weekend

Why was the whole England crowd jumping up and down celebrating, why was the pub i was in and every single one in England packed full of celebrations after the final whistle?

Should we all just turn the telly off and be disgruntled after reaching another semi final of a major?
Very low standards or totally pissed

How do you know "every single one"

Why was the celebrating crowd still giving Southgate stick?

The point is that with this squad the team should not be struggling to beat countries so low in the rankings that they need last minute wonder goals and / or extra time to penalties to beat

Regardless of short spells of euphoria and aside from the happy clappers like yourself, then the country is bored of what Southgate is producing literally falling asleep

Credit to him for organising the penalty shootout at least he got something right, but it reflects the quality of the squad in that there are so many good converters

Would you be happy with West Ham playing this way?

Would you be happy with Southgate as your manager?

What makes it worse is that they scored all the penalties and they were all good.

I wish Toney missed.

Switzerland usually lose shootouts anyway and the other team never miss. World Cup 2006 against Ukraine a famous example.... they missed every one and Ukraine scored all the three they had.... Then Euro 2016 against Poland... the Swiss keeper didn't save one and they missed two going out 4-3.

Against all opposition we play the same strategy, safety first. As said before it is rugby players, they move forward then pass the ball backwards.

The big improvement is penalty conversion so I think this has been our tactic all along. Now serious teams are now our opposition any open play from us is unlikely.

To my mind the blend of players cannot play their natural PL game because their team mates are different and play normally different styles.
City players who rely on ball possession even in defence it must be safety.

We see Spain whose natural game is like City, playing well with Rodri excelling. Until all teams in PL play possession football City players will have to adjust not the other way round.

At City it takes good players a season to integrate so in fairness how can Southgate get team play from the variety of players he picks?

Why is Kane in the starting 11 ?
Why is Kane captain ?
Why doesnt bellend pass to Phil ?

Something is really off with the team and it's a credit to Phil that he doesn't call it out. Foden takes up some great positions only to be ignored most of the time. Bellend does it more than others because he doesn't want Phil to out shine him.
There really is no point playing out from the back as the midfield don't make themselves available. The amount of times Stones is waving at the middle to come deeper and receive the ball is embarrassing.
I have no idea what tactics England are playing. Pickford plays hoofball the City lads play keep ball pass and move. Rice plays pass it sideways or backwards. Kane and bellend just walk or stand still. Kane is a piss poor captain shows no leadership skills what so ever. The lack of movement up front means any attacking players have no one to pass forward to ! Kane doesn't make any runs or is back in midfield walking around lol

Southgate is popular with the squard ( I think only some of the squad ) because he is scared of the egos and let's them do as they please.

I do find strange how so many England fans celebrate these piss poor performance.

I found it odd how the pundits all saying what an improvement there was. I didn't see it.

OK celebrate an England win and another semi final but not try and tell me England are good.

I have zero feels for England in fact the more smoke that gets blown up bellend arse the more I want England to get hammered. Sadly it will be the City lads that get the blame.

Anyway to all you English fans enjoy watching, personally I can't wait for the pl to start and to watch top level football again. I find watching pub sorry I mean international football shit

All I know is that for years, copious amounts of alcohol got me through watching City & England Now I’m completely teetotal all I do is moan at the tele for 2 hours for the latter.

Southgate has somehow managed to make quality players look distinctly bang average, yet here we are in the semis again? ‍♂️

Before all 5 matches this tournament I’ve told myself we can’t be as bad as last time, but we are …. I dislike what I’m witnessing that much, part of me actually wants Rodri & Co to smash 5 past us next weekend
I bloody hope so, seeing an idiot in the breakfast room at The Harlow Hotel this morning was sickening.

One win in 5 and playing shit. Time for a reformat of the competition.

David White

It’ll all be over on Saturday. Southgate is a very limited manager with no bollocks.

Blue Maverick

Roll on Friday and give us all something to smile about before Switzerland embarrass us on Saturday

burnley blue mcfc said:
I watched the Swiss take Italy apart, they’ll more than likely do exactly the same to us

burnley blue mcfc

We won’t get the chance to compare ourselves to Spain because the Swiss will beat Us.

chris85mcfc

What a truly awful side and formation he's got out there

Astonished that you can get 3/1 about the Swiss in 90 minutes

abu13

I think we are going to get fucked today.
Can you do one of these for the Bellingham haters? It may take you a while..

you must be hating every single minute and preying we don't win. weird obsessive negativity.

England are in ANOTHER semi final. great achievement again - Germany, Portugal, Belgium, Italy - and some other very good sides with star players are packed up and out the cup - England are still in and just don't know when to be beaten. Bring on the Dutch!

Well, let's see if they don't know how to be beaten when they come up against a good side. That's always been the criticism of Southgate, he's yet do to it on the big stage when it matters.

We just won a quarter final on pens vs a team that couldn't beat Scotland in 90 minutes. In fact I'd argue Scotland played better over 90 mins vs the Swiss than England did.

England have certainly looked resilient, and you need that to go far in these tournaments. In terms of actual quality, we don't look any better than the 5 mediocre teams we've played so far.

Let's hope we raise our level when the opposition gets better, or it'll be the same old story of being lesser ranked teams and then falling short when we meet a good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.