England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see the press are out to float the idea that Foden didn’t want to take a penalty due to him being subbed and Alexander Arnold talking openly to his mates about who didn’t want to take one. Anything to get a negative angle on a City player from these snidey cunts, surprised there hasn’t been a pile on for John Stones for not cutting out the cross for the goal. All the tribalism for clubs is still running strong in this England team with clicks and players openly slagging each other off by looks of it.

Not always the best team wins the tournament but the luckiest, and England are having that in bucket loads. We can win this now, the Dutch are an absolute shadow of previous years, so I'm expecting a boring England win, then who knows what

I'm glad there is an ignore button. He's nearly as boring as a Southgate team talk.
Talk about wumming a thread.

This is the same Swiss side that stuffed Italy and drew with Germany with many predicting us to lose.

Yet when we win its ‘we should be comfortably beating these sides’

- I would much rather we played Man City style football and win comfortably against ‘lesser’ teams - but I’m realistic to know it’s NEVER been like that for England and international football is a different beast.

Ive watched plenty of other matches this tournament and entertainment wise it’s not much different to England. France, Germany, Italy etc all been under par and involved in boring games.

I don’t get hung up about tactics, formations, hating individual players etc - it’s tedious and depressing- every fans has a different idea. I’m in the support camp and enjoy the ride regardless if we’re playing well or hanging on for dear life.

We’re lucky under Southgate to keep reaching these late stages of competitions- didn’t happen to often before he come in.

I can get the frustration for many that they continually scream and moan that Southgate is the worst manager ever, his tactics are the worst, he plays players out of position.
Pickford is shit, the defence is shit, rice is a plodder, Mainoo is shit, Saka is shit, Bellingham is the anti christ, Kane is shit … and yet we can’t stop winning and progressing. Must be hard to comprehend. So have to use the ‘we got lucky this time but not next time’ card.
We don't keep winning though
If the squad was shit then id be behind him but, the sum of the parts is negative and that down to him I have no complaint about any of the players effort or application

Ultimately the tournament has been poor with only Spain consistently performing its mainly defence v attack and goals at a premium and often disallowed due to a toe nail but that's VAR spoiling things as usual

The pens were brilliant, Palmer showed guts & then 4 young black men stepped up, knowing that if they missed & England went out, then just like the last Euro's, they would receive a load of abuse, a lot of it racist.
That took bollocks the size of fucking space hoppers, forget club rivalry, kudos to all of them.

That would be the last of my worries.

Pickford is 3 from 4 in shootouts for England.

The rest of England’s goalkeepers in history are 1 from 7.
Its unusual in that only one penalty attempt in all the shoot outs so far has not been on target.
Even that one, by Felix for Portugal, hit the post.

As predicted, all of a sudden Switzerland are not a good side.

Yet pre match it was full of people saying how tough this will be and how we’d be beaten.

Are Holland a good side ? Or do we just wait to see if we beat them or not before deciding
We drew with them after 120mins and won a penalty shootout
Incidentally ranked 19th England 5th Denmark 20th Slovenia 57th Slovakia 45th Serbia 45th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.