England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is Kane in the starting 11 ?
Why is Kane captain ?
Why doesnt bellend pass to Phil ?

Something is really off with the team and it's a credit to Phil that he doesn't call it out. Foden takes up some great positions only to be ignored most of the time. Bellend does it more than others because he doesn't want Phil to out shine him.
There really is no point playing out from the back as the midfield don't make themselves available. The amount of times Stones is waving at the middle to come deeper and receive the ball is embarrassing.
I have no idea what tactics England are playing. Pickford plays hoofball the City lads play keep ball pass and move. Rice plays pass it sideways or backwards. Kane and bellend just walk or stand still. Kane is a piss poor captain shows no leadership skills what so ever. The lack of movement up front means any attacking players have no one to pass forward to ! Kane doesn't make any runs or is back in midfield walking around lol

Southgate is popular with the squard ( I think only some of the squad ) because he is scared of the egos and let's them do as they please.

I do find strange how so many England fans celebrate these piss poor performance.

I found it odd how the pundits all saying what an improvement there was. I didn't see it.

OK celebrate an England win and another semi final but not try and tell me England are good.

I have zero feels for England in fact the more smoke that gets blown up bellend arse the more I want England to get hammered. Sadly it will be the City lads that get the blame.

Anyway to all you English fans enjoy watching, personally I can't wait for the pl to start and to watch top level football again. I find watching pub sorry I mean international football shit
100% spot on

Why was the whole England crowd jumping up and down celebrating, why was the pub i was in and every single one in England packed full of celebrations after the final whistle?

Should we all just turn the telly off and be disgruntled after reaching another semi final of a major?
People pissed up in pubs being used as some sort or barometer for whether fans are happy with what they're watching is ridiculous.

Supporters that are actually over in Germany have looked glum whilst watching what Southgate has churned out at this tournament. Some even threw cups at him.

You can hardly hear the supporters singing for long periods of every game because they're likely bored shitless and wondering how we can play as poorly as we have for 4 of the 5 games played.

Everyone I know are saying the same thing regarding our chances of winning this tournament. No chance and it's like a really slow death watching it unfold. Zero optimism and that's all because of our inept and dull manager.

There was a few times when Stones had the ball when he looked up there was absolutely no one to pass forward to. At one point he was shouting at Rice to come and receive the ball.

That wouldn't happen at City as you have Rodri, KDB or even Bernardo looking for the ball. Now for me that's either the English players are not comfortable with the ball under pressure or the are under instructions to play it safe.

Foden is another example. Loads of time he was getting into pockets of space demanding the ball but either the player didn't see him or refused( I'm looking at you Bellingham) to pass to him.

Kane is the big issue though dropping deep. He's there to score goals which he's pretty fucking good at but how is supposed to score from 40 yards away? Apparently he had 2 yes 2 touches in the Swiss box. Haaland gets dogs abuse for not touching the ball enough but his job is to be a menace to defenders and score goals and that should be Kanes role too.

The City boys are on a completely different wavelength to other English players due to the way Pep plays and it must be really frustrating for them when they are under clear instructions to play it safe.

Pep talks a lot about being brave on the ball. Take risks, believe in your ability but Southgate's ultra cautious approach is the complete opposite of that.

England really do have some great players and for me that's the most frustrating thing. Let the players be brave, let them play like they do for their club. If Southgate lets them you're looking at a truly exceptional team.

Southgate is not the man to manage this team
That's coaching by Southgate that's responsible, not the fact other teams don't play City-style football.

Arsenal play it out from the back, usually to Rice ironically but whereas for Arsenal he either drives forward or passes to Odegaard, for England it goes backwards/sideways. That must be instructions from the coach.

Note when England get the ball and entered the Swiss half. There were always 9 Swiss players and only 3 England players ahead of whoever had the ball for England. That was the issue- a lack of attacking ambition and probably the idea is hope Foden/Saka/Kane get fouled/we get a corner and then nick a goal off a set piece.

Well, let's see if they don't know how to be beaten when they come up against a good side. That's always been the criticism of Southgate, he's yet do to it on the big stage when it matters.

We just won a quarter final on pens vs a team that couldn't beat Scotland in 90 minutes. In fact I'd argue Scotland played better over 90 mins vs the Swiss than England did.

England have certainly looked resilient, and you need that to go far in these tournaments. In terms of actual quality, we don't look any better than the 5 mediocre teams we've played so far.

Let's hope we raise our level when the opposition gets better, or it'll be the same old story of being lesser ranked teams and then falling short when we meet a good one.
The Swiss battered Italy

Can't be arsed starting a thread so....
Would the Stuart Pearce City side beat Southgates starting 11 ?
I reckon they would. That's how bad he is.
If Switzerland hadn't scored he would not have made any subs until extra time.
Stuart Pearce didn't have the same quality of player that Gareth Southgate has to pick from though so im not so sure that City side would have beat this England team. So the question for me should be, would Pearce managing this England side be any better. I don't think so. Remember Stuart Pearce played a goalkeeper up front.

I think the most shocking part of the game was when bellend number was held up for him to come off. Now regardless if it was a mistake or not he should have started making his way to the touchline.
To stand in the middle of the field and clearly question what the manager is doing is a fucking disgraceful.

Should have made his way to the touch whilst the 'mistake' was rectified.

His behaviour shown the world that southgate is letting the egos rule the roost. Southgate isn't in charge its clearly Kane and bellend who are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.