England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It must be getting bad when everyone seems to be talking about ' brilliant ' penalties. What is brilliant about a proffesional footballer kicking a ball 12 yds at a relatively open space. No build up, no real skill, very little finesse, HOOF, GOAL/ NO GOAL.
Those penalties last night were the definition of finesse.

On a more positive note the bars have been rammed and extra time and pens only adds the pennies to the retirement fund. If I can get two more out of the useless twats then a cheeky little holiday will be on the cards.
Thanks Gareth. You’re the best x

It must be getting bad when everyone seems to be talking about ' brilliant ' penalties. What is brilliant about a proffesional footballer kicking a ball 12 yds at a relatively open space. No build up, no real skill, very little finesse, HOOF, GOAL/ NO GOAL.

I think if you're old enough to remember Italia 90, Euro 96, World cup 98, Euro 2004, world cup 2006, Euro 2012, Euro 2020 we got knocked out from all of them with penalties so we get a bit giddy winning any penalty shootout.

Penalties are still a lottery for me. If their goalie guesses the right way on a few of them we are out. It really is margins, margins that we have failed on many occasions.

I wish the media would stop going overboard about penalties though. I would rather not get into our heads we should bank on getting through because we had a nice round of penalties. Don't give Gareth ideas lol

The penalties might have been brilliant, I only saw the last two so can’t comment, but should not have been necessary. It’s getting to be that we seem to rely on getting to penalties instead of going all out to win in 90 odd minutes. Not a good look in my eyes. Win the game not just the penalties.

JMHO

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.