England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
36 goals and 8 assists in 32 games!
For a team that can put things on a plate in a shite league

England are struggling through games, we can't carry him and his lack of movement

He's a great finisher, nobody is disputing that but he hasn't got it in him to use movement to create space. Anyone can see it.

If you wanna see the best of the likes of Foden and Bellingham, then you're gonna need a striker that can move and give defences something to worry about and create space.

England are struggling through games, we can't carry him and his lack of movement

He's a great finisher, nobody is disputing that but he hasn't got it in him to use movement to create space. Anyone can see it.

He’s not been as good as he usually is and struggling to keep hold of ball up top.
Can’t see him being dropped.
He has always throughout his career had many matches where he seems to do nothing but then scores a goal out of nowhere- still one of the best finishers in the world.

Why was the whole England crowd jumping up and down celebrating, why was the pub i was in and every single one in England packed full of celebrations after the final whistle?

Should we all just turn the telly off and be disgruntled after reaching another semi final of a major?
Because they celebrated the win not the other 120 minutes of football they'd endured.
You've been on this forum long enough to see the battering our manager and players get when they've not played to the minimum expected level.
We a call crap, when we see it. Where as you, can't see a minutiae of fault in any of these performances.

Last edited:
He’s not been as good as he usually is and struggling to keep hold of ball up top.
Can’t see him being dropped.
He has always throughout his career had many matches where he seems to do nothing but then scores a goal out of nowhere- still one of the best finishers in the world.

He isn't getting dropped, so let's hope he can find some energy or the team can find a way to put it on a plate for him.

His lack of movement is a reason the opposition defences aren't looking too worried. He's not giving them anything to think about, which is not creating space for players like Foden or Bellingham.

Despite him getting a couple of goals in the tournament, I think his lack of mobility right now is stifling the team and a big reason we're barely an attacking threat.

Because they celebrated the win not the other 120 minutes of football they'd endured.
You've been on this forum long enough to see the battering our manager and players get when they've not playing to the minimum expected level.
We a call crap, when we see it. Where as you, can't see a minutiae of fault in any of these performances.

It’s just nauseating and a bit depressing to read so much negativity and moaning - sure, like every team except Spain we haven’t played that well this tournament- but Switzerland was always going to be a tough tight match and nervy - did you expect any different?
I wish we played amazing stuff and comfortably won but I never expected that.
What I did see was a young team giving 100% and at this stage of tournaments when everything’s on a knife edge that’s all you can ask.
We both know that many here just hate Southgate, hate Bellingham and want England to lose- this skews the balance to those ‘happy clapper WUM’ fans like myself that love England and want this journey to continue. Once again in a semi final - it’s a great period for this nation and has been under Southgate for many years.

Against all opposition we play the same strategy, safety first. As said before it is rugby players, they move forward then pass the ball backwards.

The big improvement is penalty conversion so I think this has been our tactic all along. Now serious teams are now our opposition any open play from us is unlikely.

To my mind the blend of players cannot play their natural PL game because their team mates are different and play normally different styles.
City players who rely on ball possession even in defence it must be safety.

We see Spain whose natural game is like City, playing well with Rodri excelling. Until all teams in PL play possession football City players will have to adjust not the other way round.

At City it takes good players a season to integrate so in fairness how can Southgate get team play from the variety of players he picks?
Why do City players when with their country not show the same ineptitude Could it be the clown on the bench?

It’s just nauseating and a bit depressing to read so much negativity and moaning - sure, like every team except Spain we haven’t played that well this tournament- but Switzerland was always going to be a tough tight match and nervy - did you expect any different?
What I did see was a young team giving 100% and at this stage of tournaments when everything’s on a knife edge that’s all you can ask.
We both know that many here just hate Southgate, hate Bellingham and want England to lose- this skews the balance to those ‘happy clapper WUM’ fans like myself that love England and want this journey to continue. Once again in a semi final - it’s a great period for this nation and has been under Southgate for many years.

I don't think people are being negative for the sake of it. I think it's simply because the players are capable of so much more with the right guidance and approach to the game which Southgate isn't really tactically able to provide. I don't think anybody, even you, are any illusions he's some great tactical coach, even if he's a nice guy and creates a good spirit.

I think the main point people are bothered about watching England struggle through the tournament, scraping through against average sides and knowing that it's going to be nowhere near good enough once they come up against a side that's considered a near 50/50 match on paper. Then it'll be the same old story, they can't get over the line against a similar level of opposition. I think people can just see it coming a mile off. Then what? Can you still say people were wrong to be negative? Will you then concede we are only half useful against mediocre sides that have no chance of winning anything?

Who knows, maybe something will click and we'll win it, I hope so.

I know any result is possible in footy, but for this group of players to only be able to manage 1 win in 90 minutes against those 5 sides, something is off. They're advancing yet under performing. They're certainly not winning the thing unless they jump up a few levels in the next week. Let's see if they can.

If you wanna see the best of the likes of Foden and Bellingham, then you're gonna need a striker that can move and give defences something to worry about and create space.
This is the bullet that Southgate won't bite. Drop 'Arry 'n get a CF who can give defenders a run for their money and is far more mobile and who can drag defenders where they don't want to go. 'Arry needs his desserts put in front of him with nigh only the goalie to beat.

Grow up. It's fucking shite and you know it.
It's not negative, it's constructive.
Let's see who's ready to take this clown on when he's out of the door.
He's Howard Wilkinson with a media reset.
Still, if you ask Father Christmas nicely, he might end up at your place.

Against all opposition we play the same strategy, safety first. As said before it is rugby players, they move forward then pass the ball backwards.

The big improvement is penalty conversion so I think this has been our tactic all along. Now serious teams are now our opposition any open play from us is unlikely.

To my mind the blend of players cannot play their natural PL game because their team mates are different and play normally different styles.
City players who rely on ball possession even in defence it must be safety.

We see Spain whose natural game is like City, playing well with Rodri excelling. Until all teams in PL play possession football City players will have to adjust not the other way round.

At City it takes good players a season to integrate so in fairness how can Southgate get team play from the variety of players he picks?

Rodri does well for Spain.

Alvarez for Arngentina? No bother

Haaland plays for a shite international side, still has pretty much a goal per game ratio.

Akanji was excellent for the Swiss, penalty aside

Ake looks at home in the Dutch side.

Bernado looks like Bernado playing for Portugal. They're hampered by Ronaldo but Bernado looks his usual self, as does Dias.

not all of these sides don't play like City. They just have managers that are better than Southgate. Some of those teams may not have advanced, it's a team game, but our players don't look like a fish out of water in those teams like they do for England most of the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.