England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
last season Man City lost 3 games out 4 and Haaland didn't score in over a month. Did you call for him to be dropped?
Firstly, Haaland never went a month without scoring last season (when he was actually playing and not injured).

Secondly, his longest actual active streak of not scoring was 3 matches, twice. The first three we lost to Wolves away 2-1, beat Leipzig away 1-3, and lost to Arsenal away 1-0 (fluke last minute deflected shot). The second three we drew 1-1 away to Liverpool, beat Newcastle 2-0 at home, and drew 0-0 at home to Arsenal.

That makes for a record of 2 wins, 2 draws, and 2 loses in regular time, against far better teams than what England have come up against thus far, with all but two games being played away. And the two losses came without the best midfielder in the world.

Have a no idea from where you are getting your stats.

last season Man City lost 3 games out 4 and Haaland didn't score in over a month. Did you call for him to be dropped?

Haha, is this a serious question?

Er obviously not because he was still playing exactly the way Pep wanted him to but just wasn't putting away his chances.

Do you think Kane is playing exactly the way Southgate is wanting him to?

I agree. His ‘do not lose’ first philosophy is ready made for tournament football. Don’t lose and you have penalties as a last gasp. But its still a gasp. HOWEVER, it always comes unstuck when we finally face a half decent team.
I would rather England go out in the group stages attacking than watching the national side sleep walk through tournaments.

You are. You are defending the indefenceable. If England were really performing I would fully get your one man crusade. The Premier League is meant to be the best league in the world but the National side's performance throughout past tournaments haven't been.

I've never once said we've been great, in fact i've said the complete opposite.
Yesterday i felt was a lot better and against a team most on here had to beat us, so that should be noted.

As for PL and equating that to National side i've often said National football has always lacked the same fluidity and cohesion you see in the PL - It's totally different. Players that don't often play with each other. Different type of pressure and opposition sides that often set out to frustrate us.
Likewise when you see the quality of players France, Belgium, Germany, Portugal have but they haven't looked any better than us and played in a few bore fests this tournament.

Watching England has never been great attacking entertaining football long before Southgate, odd game here and there in a few tournaments stand out as exciting in previous decades - but not many.

Haha, is this a serious question?

Er obviously not because he was still playing exactly the way Pep wanted him to but just wasn't putting away his chances.

Do you think Kane is playing exactly the way Southgate is wanting him to?

Yes, i'm always sincere and try and be honest as poss.

Haaland went through a mini patch of under par performances and didn't score in a few games - would you have called for him to be dropped ?

It's worth noting Kane scored our winning goal in last knockout game and also against Denmark - so hardly panic stations - you're making out only Southgate wouldn't drop him. which is pretty absurd. Not many managers would drop their main striker in a semi final knockout match.

I've agreed his not playing that well and he needs to hold the ball up better for sure. but no i wouldn't drop him as he is a type of striker that even when not playing well can score goals out of nowhere - same for Haaland.

I've never once said we've been great, in fact i've said the complete opposite.
Yesterday i felt was a lot better and against a team most on here had to beat us, so that should be noted.

As for PL and equating that to National side i've often said National football has always lacked the same fluidity and cohesion you see in the PL - It's totally different. Players that don't often play with each other. Different type of pressure and opposition sides that often set out to frustrate us.
Likewise when you see the quality of players France, Belgium, Germany, Portugal have but they haven't looked any better than us and played in a few bore fests this tournament.

Watching England has never been great attacking entertaining football long before Southgate, odd game here and there in a few tournaments stand out as exciting in previous decades - but not many.
Still not acceptable and the buck stops with Southgate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.