England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southgate is similar to Manuel Pellegrini's stint at West Ham with a little bit of wee Davie thrown into the mix. On top of that there are similarities to Pellegrini's last season at City. I am not so sure it will end up with England winning a trophy.

It’s just nauseating and a bit depressing to read so much negativity and moaning - sure, like every team except Spain we haven’t played that well this tournament- but Switzerland was always going to be a tough tight match and nervy - did you expect any different?
I wish we played amazing stuff and comfortably won but I never expected that.
What I did see was a young team giving 100% and at this stage of tournaments when everything’s on a knife edge that’s all you can ask.
We both know that many here just hate Southgate, hate Bellingham and want England to lose- this skews the balance to those ‘happy clapper WUM’ fans like myself that love England and want this journey to continue. Once again in a semi final - it’s a great period for this nation and has been under Southgate for many years.
You’re right, we’ve had a few good tournaments, Russia, Euro 2020 and now this one. Russia was totally unexpected, totally over achieved. We should have beat Italy in front of a home crowd at Wembley, going a goal up early on to then shutting up shop was criminal. Let’s see if he can pull it off this time around, we should be beating the Netherlands.

Would you want him at West ham?

@BlueHammer85

Genuinely, would you have Southgate at West Ham over Moyes or Lopetegui?
I never wanted Moyes to go and ideally would have kept him.
would of been happy with Southgate to come in after - think he would actually be a good fit for us.

+++

@Churchlawtonblue I believe i would have said no in the past in terms of would i have sacked Moyes for him. Unless you can quote me saying different.

@BlueHammer85

I never wanted Moyes to go and ideally would have kept him.
would of been happy with Southgate to come in after - think he would actually be a good fit for us.

+++

@Churchlawtonblue I believe i would have said no in the past in terms of would i have sacked Moyes for him. Unless you can quote me saying different.
Well you definitely did initially say you wouldn't have him at WH mate. This was months ago tho so I accept that you are perfectly entitled to change your mind.

No one hates Southgate, he’s a lovely guy. He’s just utter shite as a manager.

His biggest strength as a manager is he creates a great atmosphere in the group, that’s it.

We expect more than stumbling through tournaments against fodder opposition to then go home against the first decent opposition we face.

If we faced anyone in the top ten in our group we would have finished second which might have meant a R16 tie against another top ten side and we would have been home by now.

It’s a great period for the nation because he keeps getting the international equivalent of Exeter City.
The draws England get under him are unreal. So easy.

Well you definitely did initially say you wouldn't have him at WH mate. This was months ago tho so I accept that you are perfectly entitled to change your mind.

well as i've explained i would of said i wouldn't sack Moyes for him. That's different to saying an outright no. again, unless you can quote me any different.

I have also mentioned before that Managing international teams is less about tactics, formations etc and more focus is on keeping squad harmony and spirit - In my opinion. Southgate is more suited to international managing than domestically for me.

well as i've explained i would of said i wouldn't sack Moyes for him. That's different to saying an outright no. again, unless you can quote me any different.

I have also mentioned before that Managing international teams is less about tactics, formations etc and more focus is on keeping squad harmony and spirit - In my opinion. Southgate is more suited to international managing than domestically for me.
Happy with Kane's performance under him this tournament?

I agree. His ‘do not lose’ first philosophy is ready made for tournament football. Don’t lose and you have penalties as a last gasp. But its still a gasp. HOWEVER, it always comes unstuck when we finally face a half decent team.

Happy with Kane's performance under him this tournament?

Kanes been below par this tournament and struggling in patches but he'll always be a deadly striker and throughout his career he has games/patches where he hardly does anything then pops up with a couple of vital goals.
Needs to hold the ball up better though and win free kicks, that relieves a lot of pressure at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.