England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, i'm always sincere and try and be honest as poss.

Haaland went through a mini patch of under par performances and didn't score in a few games - would you have called for him to be dropped ?

It's worth noting Kane scored our winning goal in last knockout game and also against Denmark - so hardly panic stations - you're making out only Southgate wouldn't drop him. which is pretty absurd. Not many managers would drop their main striker in a semi final knockout match.

I've agreed his not playing that well and he needs to hold the ball up better for sure. but no i wouldn't drop him as he is a type of striker that even when not playing well can score goals out of nowhere - same for Haaland.
Are you not able to see that Haaland still played how he was meant to???

I note you have avoided the question I posed about whether Kane was playing how Southgate wants him to.

Enough of this nonsense lol, I actually feel embarrassed for you. Goodnight.

Are you not able to see that Haaland still played how he was meant to???

I note you have avoided the question I posed about whether Kane was playing how Southgate wants him to.

Enough of this nonsense lol, I actually feel embarrassed for you. Goodnight.

Haaland for them 3 or 4 games wasn’t playing well, nothing disastrous or panic stations but I remember a few in media and others saying he wasn’t playing well.

Kane just having a similar patch but has also come up with a couple of vital goals.

I’m sure Southgate would want him holding the ball up better and distributing better - If that’s what you mean? It’s down to Kane to up his game- he’s playing in his same position so it’s down to him.

Nothing here I say is anything remotely controversial- I agree with you he’s not playing that well I just disagree that ‘only Southgate wouldn’t drop him’ if anything is embarrassing it’s that comment. Goodnight.

For a supposed major footballing nation it is shite record.

Penalty shoot out away from trophy last euros, into a semi finals this one - He is bringing us the closest to success than anyone since Alf Ramsey 57 years ago and it’s never a given - it’s a knockout competition and each time there is equally very good and strong nations. We don’t have a divine right.

Penalty shoot out away from trophy last euros, into a semi finals this one - He is bringing us the closest to success than anyone since Alf Ramsey 57 years ago and it’s never a given - it’s a knockout competition and each time there is equally very good and strong nations. We don’t have a divine right.
Woefully underperformed in the final. France had England's number last time around too. Mediocre at best.

Woefully underperformed in the final. France had England's number last time around too.

Finals a final, never know on day how players going to perform.
Felt we was unlucky against France, played well and Kane miss penalty was again just unlucky. That’s just football and tournament football.

Finals a final, never know on day how players going to perform.
Felt we was unlucky against France, played well and Kane miss penalty was again just unlucky. That’s just football and tournament football.
It still not good enough no matter how you try and dress it up as. Southgate didn't win anything with the u21's either. Plenty of golden generation talent in that side.

Last edited:
It still not good enough no matter how you try and dress it up as. Southgate didn't win anything with the u21's either,

Yeh ok. It’s also very easy just to moan, criticise and say ‘it’s never good enough’.

winning a trophy for England is a huge ask for any Manager regardless of the squad players. It takes more than tactics and team selections to win, huge amount is down to the players, refs decisions, pure luck (hitting woodwork, offside by fractions, red card etc) so many factors - that’s why Man City with the best Manager and best squad have only won the champions league once in last 9/10 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.