England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haaland for them 3 or 4 games wasn’t playing well, nothing disastrous or panic stations but I remember a few in media and others saying he wasn’t playing well.

Kane just having a similar patch but has also come up with a couple of vital goals.

I’m sure Southgate would want him holding the ball up better and distributing better - If that’s what you mean? It’s down to Kane to up his game- he’s playing in his same position so it’s down to him.

Nothing here I say is anything remotely controversial- I agree with you he’s not playing that well I just disagree that ‘only Southgate wouldn’t drop him’ if anything is embarrassing it’s that comment. Goodnight.

The major difference being when Haaland isn't scoring he is still a problem for defenses and they usually double up on him, leaving space for the rest of the team to punish them, because he's physically strong and also very fast, so it's difficult for one man to mark him most of the time.

If Kane isn't scoring, he's not really doing anything. He's not particularly physical, 75% of this forum could smoke him in a foot race. He's a good passer of the ball, better than Haaland in that respect but England don't play in a way that he can utilise that.

So Kane right now offers the square root of fuck all unless you put it on a plate for him.

Haaland without getting on the score sheet can take two defenders out of the game because they know most of them can't beat him for speed or physicality one on one.

Put Haaland in this England team and the likes of Foden, Bellingham and Saka would suddenly have so much more time and space to get at defences. There would be way more touches in the opposition box. I'd bet my house on it.

I’ve been bored to tears the way we have played this tournament but his record is better than any other manager bar Ramsey , last four tournaments will have been S-F, Final , Q-F and at least another S-F , i remember 74 , 78 , 94 and 2008 when we didn’t even qualify let alone come close to winning
Barring 2000 and 2006 we have played a lot better in past tournaments despite the record under Southgate. And this not the first crop of talent England has had at their disposal. As I mentioned in replying to super_-city_si's post I rather not progress but play better football as a team than sleepwalking through another tournament.

Last edited:
Barring 2000 and 2006 we have played a lot better in past tournaments despite the record under Southgate. And this not the first crop of talent England has had at their disposal. As I mentioned in replying to super_-city_si's post I rather not progress but play better football as a team than sleepwalking through another

Our goals in this tournament.

Deflected cross
Deflected cross
Individual moment of brilliance
Set-piece, followed by a miss-hit shot.
Individual moment of brilliance.

I cannot recall an actual chance we've created in the 5 games we've played.

Ultimately it’s about winning , Switzerland , Romania , Germany and Austria have played far better than us yet there all out - just have a feeling Southgate will somehow win the tournament , be hailed a genius and be knighted by Keir Starmer - Ridiculous I know

Ultimately it’s about winning , Switzerland , Romania , Germany and Austria have played far better than us yet there all out - just have a feeling Southgate will somehow win the tournament , be hailed a genius and be knighted by Keir Starmer - Ridiculous I know
England haven't done much winning either. I'd rather be in the teams mentioned position than the current shite that is being served up.

Our goals in this tournament.

Deflected cross
Deflected cross
Individual moment of brilliance
Set-piece, followed by a miss-hit shot.
Individual moment of brilliance.

I cannot recall an actual chance we've created in the 5 games we've played.
We haven’t , but by the same rule we haven’t conceded lots of chances and only conceded 3 goals

Currently yes. It is shit football. Not winning football which is lacking cohesesion. Same with previous tournaments under Southgate. Stats can paper over the cracks.
United didn’t deserve to win the FA Cup the way they played against Liverpool and Coventry and Newport , Real Madrid the same against Us , Bayern and Dortmund but ultimately nobody will remember those games just the fact they won it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.