England v Turkey

I went to my first England match not knowing what to expect & came away having enjoyed the event. The FA ought to do this more often, after 5 minutes Of being there, I was Vindalooing like the best of them. The bloody kids in the seat next to me needed a slap from their parents & the dickheads were annoying (what is this thing about taking their tops off to bait the Turkish fans?). In our area there was very ittle booing of Sterling. I'd go again.

Last edited:
What has Hodgson got against Vardy? When asked about his improvement switching from the wing to a central position, Hodgson went into a mini rant about "not building a team around Jamie Vardy who should be grateful for just being picked given he was playing for fleetwood a few years ago" It was quite surreal.

Rose, inexplicably, got man of the match.

Had 'Arry not missed the pen, which Hoddle in his twaddle called a 'good miss', he'd have got it! Does anyone know who pays Hoddle - I can't conclude whether it's ITV or Haringey Hotspurs. He will even tell us that Rose standing on someone's foot is all part of the tackle, and Deli Alli can do no wrong. As for Kyle Walker's pace! Why's the cnut not going to the Olympics for a shoo-in for the gold medal?

Sterling looked a lot better - he tried to take his man on and did so successfully at times. England just didn't have enough width or balance as Vardy wants to play centrally. That's why Townsend has to go in my opinion, we need more natural width. Wilshere was dross and just doesn't do much. He runs forwards with the ball but rarely creates anything with it and doesn't threaten the goal. Alli was okay, but didn't seem to connect with Wilshere the way he did with Henderson in Germany. Henderson is the better bet alongside Dier for me.

Rose was dross, no idea how he got man of the match. Walker was a lot better for me. Overall, same old with England. Can't string passes together, don't have a balanced side and Hodgson would rather pick names than a formation and the players to make it work best. For the three that won't make it, I'd say Rashford, Delph and Barkley personally. Drinkwater and Townsend need to go in my opinion. Wilshere out rather than Barkley if he doesn't improve.

What a wanker Kay is - that tweet and pic set us up for us to get digs.

I was in Colin Bell on front row of 3 - the shame is that most of the ground was full - why they don't sell tickets opposite the cameras first I don't know!

Attendance stated as 44 866 on the BBC.

A mate at work, who went, was bragging to me that Etihad would be full for a change.

Got that one right, didn't he?

It was sold out, yet there were loads of empty seats. didn't look like there were 45k there to me

Level 3 of the south stand was not even half full

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.