England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not English, so I think I might be more objective. I don't get how anyone thinks Southgate is not the problem here. You have Stones, Walker (Trippier who is world-class with crosses and FK), Foden and Grealish whom with Pep play 100 times better than with England. Then you have Rice and Bellingham two players that Pep had wanted and all teams in Europe would like to have, Kane who Pep wanted and pushed for. Then you have Mount, Saka who are maybe the two best players of 2 world class teams. Only McGuire and Shaw are not top or world class, but the same can be said of Brazil(Danilo or Alessandro, or even Paqueta are not world-class), France (Giroud, Pavard, Lloris). There are zero excuses for the way you play.

Anyway, this world cup has been really fun. Team like Arabia Saudi, Canada, USA, South Korea, Japan are all really exciting teams to watch and with the exception of Qatar and Costa Rica, I think all teams have shown good quality.
You've been hoodwinked!

You believe English players with their multi million transfer fees and wages are the best, they aren't.

They are lucky to play in the most lucrative football league that ever existed.

Any technically adept hard working player around the world strives for a move to the EPL and instant wealth.

Not knocking any of them but England are shown up on the International stage.

Phil's best ever season for Premier League starts was only 24. For a player of his obvious talent that's extremely unusual.
It's about squad management. How many times did Foden come on as a sub in the remaining 14 games (i.e. when available, not injured) ??
IIRC he gets plenty of game time for City, and quite rightly so, winning numerous medals along the way. Southgate's a clown.

I honestly thoughts we'd smash these, they're a mid-range side at best, but we made them look like Brazil.

We have a squad of decent players, not world-beaters, though maybe three or four would make a World Cup squad. Any premier league manager would get far far better out of them than Southgate does.

Mount has never had a good game for England , he is an anonymous 6/10 player who doesnt rock the boat , ideal for an insecure and negative manager like Waistcoat , Saka and Bellingham are vastly overrated and have won f*ck all in their careers so far.
Phil has TEN medals in his cabinet , and is a winner , but a loser like Waistcoat hasnt got a clue what winning looks like and he never will.
Not just Foden, 5 City players in the squad, most have been part of winning 4 titles in 5 years yet only one gets in the team. Why? How does Rashford get in ahead of, well anybody at all on current form?

I still cannot fathom how he doesn’t play foden.. it’s like France benching Mbappe…foden walks into any team in world football except this.. and harry maguire managed to get into this team. Beggars belief
Even Ratface said that this game was crying out for Foden.... he brought 'Hendo' on ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.