England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You've been hoodwinked!

You believe English players with their multi million transfer fees and wages are the best, they aren't.

They are lucky to play in the most lucrative football league that ever existed.

Any technically adept hard working player around the world strives for a move to the EPL and instant wealth.

Not knocking any of them but England are shown up on the International stage.
In the past this may have been true but not now. I look back to the early takeover years even up to the start of peps era and there was a real worry about filling the home grown quota not just for us but the other top teams too because the English players weren't capable of playing at the top. Nowadays, we've got 5 players in the England squad, none of them are at City primarily because they're English. We've sold a 6th this summer, we've had strong public interest in 2 others in recent years and if reports are to be believed could be in for Bellingham too. That's the majority of a complete side and there's quality beyond that too. The ability of the squad isn't an issue here.

It would help if Trossard was English rather than a Belgian to get in the England team 8>)
Yes, edited, typed something completely different to what I was thinking. I think Southgate manages teams in a similar way to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.