England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can see why Foden tries to hard when on the pitch Southgate does not believe in him! Foden needs to just run around closing down players when he has it pass it back then do the same again once Pickford hoofs it up field!

But think about that EB just for a sec -V USA and one of our centre backs is arguably best player on the pitch !
I know, that’s why I said a little comfort.
The stupid clod of a manager is to blame for that debacle. We needed Foden to team up with Grealish.

I suppose a consolation could be if we don’t get through the first tranche our players will not be as tired when they come home!!

In the past this may have been true but not now. I look back to the early takeover years even up to the start of peps era and there was a real worry about filling the home grown quota not just for us but the other top teams too because the English players weren't capable of playing at the top. Nowadays, we've got 5 players in the England squad, none of them are at City primarily because they're English. We've sold a 6th this summer, we've had strong public interest in 2 others in recent years and if reports are to be believed could be in for Bellingham too. That's the majority of a complete side and there's quality beyond that too. The ability of the squad isn't an issue here.
Totally agree, we have the makings of a good team and I think we'd have a decent chance IF we had a decent manager.

i came into this world cup with dirt low expectations of the england manager and the teams chances of actually winning the thing.
literally, nothing has changed my mind. in fact, im even less enthralled by this world cup than when it started.
at the core of english football administration is an inept philosophy that will never bring any silverware, or produce a competitive team.
anyway, another day closer to proper football coming home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.