England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mad really when you think about it, Robert Page faced USA not really knowing what to expect, yet had enough about him to change things against their pressing to get Wales back in it at half time, Southgate, who had prior knowledge of how they would set up (surely he must have watched their pressing in that game ?) failed to set up to combat that, and then failed a further 90 minutes of football to do anything positive about it.

Southgate’s a nice guy, and I’ve no problem with him on that score, and I’m sure many players will ‘run through brick walls’ for him, but his tactical intelligence and reading of a game is extremely poor, championship level at best for me.

Stones was the only one who tired to read the game and take initiative but was baffled by lack of communication from rest of his team mates.
There was ample of real estate between usa front 3 and mids and Bellingham failed to exploit that area . All that hype around him but ignored the basics. This was the perfect game for him to pull all the strings and dictate the game . Kane realized and saw that space late in the game but had zero outcome.

Fucking abysmal.

The useless clown really has no clue what his best team are or what an individual can bring to the game.

How he deems the players he did ahead of Foden is a disgrace......Phil is the only player in that entire squad with the ability to conjure something from nothing and yet when a game is crying out for such,he is kept on the bench while Mount,Henderson,Sterling and Rashford,amongst others,are chosen instead......wow!

What a fucking wanker that boring **** is.

I expected an England rebound after the highs of Iran, England have rarely been a team to sustain high levels of dynamic performance. But that was quite a surprising shift of pace and form.

The US should not go without credit, they weren't great but for their fans they showed/gave plenty they could get behind, which is what you want in a team.

England were dire. I was really surprised how disjointed they were. Throughout the whole 90, including the 2 short spells of dominance (totalling about 5 mins), England looked to be playing with 2 players less. Maybe playing this bad is a good kick up the arse, but my faith is running out with the management.

All this clamour for Foden will make sure he doesnt play the next match. Southgate isnt a yes man…. when it comes to foden.

im willing to bet Grealish is on the bench too. Sterling will start again despite being in awful form.

Hell go again with the same 4 sterling, mount, saka and kane.

I reckon he'll pick him when he's setup to fail, that way vindicating his previous exclusion, when he inevitably doesn't set the world on fire.

I reckon he'll pick him when he's setup to fail, that way vindicating his previous exclusion, when he inevitably doesn't set the world on fire.
He will pick him but leave the two useless wide men who play too deep. Then he will have to go sideways and backward, and end up looking as bad as everybody else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.