England vs Czech Republic

Another pathetic headline from Telegraph: 'England given countless reasons to smile as absentee Manchester United stars will ponder their positions' *facepalm*

I think you're reading that wrong, it looks a positive to me and is perhaps hinting that the players who pulled out may just regret it if they faked injury.

And the DT this morning thinks that Jadon is just as good. Both score an eight! Eight for Sterling? Had Rashers thumped in a hat trick or Jessie Weasel then they would have been awarded the full ten! Double spread on Sterling. But turn the page and there's a double spread on Sancho. Not in the same league!

Sky had Sancho & Sterling both at 9 although they at least acknowledged Sterling as MotM.

i thought we played really well. weve got some great young players and more coming through. winks, foden, maddison, gomez... there's a long list of talent.

i thought we played really well. weve got some great young players and more coming through. winks, foden, maddison, gomez... there's a long list of talent.
Forgot about Winks in my previous post. He looks fantastic every time I watch him play for Spurs. Excellent player. We really do have some quality young players in this country.

There is certainly potential with this crop of players and it will only get more exciting once Foden makes the step up. Declan Rice is a great talent too. With him, Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Sancho, Sterling, Kane, even Rashford, we have some exciting talent going forwards. Liverpool have, to their credit, developed Alexander-Arnold and Gomez brilliantly too. Stones is a wonderful player as we know. Chilwell is dependable. There’s reason to be optimistic. Not saying we’re definitely going to win a tournament, but these are players that we can at least get excited about and can generate more interest in our national team, which has been at an all-time low in recent years.
Rashford isn't even the best young English striker at the rags. Greenwood looks light years ahead of him. If the rags were smart they would put him in the first team squad next season.

This is just silly. Kane was excellent last night. Some superb passing. Was England's most creative player. And his intelligent movement made space for Sterling et al.

Baffles me the hate for Kane and the total ignorance of what he brings to a team. Dismissing him as a tap in merchant or penalty taker is as brainless as the kind of nonsense previously written about Sterling as a player.

Sterling was excellent last night - along with, rather than in contrast to, Kane. Anyone who says otherwise is either wholly ignorant about football or is allowing club rivalry or personal prejudice to colour their opinion.

I agree Jim, my point was, I believe the main focus of the opposition defence has been to focus on Kane, whereas Sterling has nicely gone about his business in the background....he is now very much in the foreground, as well as, if not moreso than Kane, from a creative perspective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.