England vs Iceland - Euro 2016: Last 16 - 27/06/16

. Jenas slated Kane saying he'd had an awful tournament ......great premier league campaign but awful in the Euros. Or did I imagine that?
No. I don't know what it is with some City fans, they only listen to the negativity they want to and never pay attention to anything else

Well that was quite gutting... we were never going to win it though lets be honest, at least Roy's gone now let Iceland enjoy it.

Wright's Monster Jam comment pretty much summed the game up, they were all unrecognizable especially in the second half(how Sturridge stayed on the pitch I don't know, move Sterling to the right and bring Vardy on would have been much more positive).

No. I don't know what it is with some City fans, they only listen to the negativity they want to and never pay attention to anything else
People see/hear what they want to on here. Hart dropped a bollock for that second goal, there's no denying that. Yet Shearer and, in particular, Ferdinand slaughtered the defending in front of Joe that led to the goal. That seems to have been ignored on here though.

ed-nortan-punching.gif

Wouldn't blame the lad if he told 'em all to "do one" and announced his immediate retirement from international football. Stuff the lot of 'em!!

I think in this day and age, when clubs are getting more and more precious over their players, transfer fees are getting higher and higher, sponsorship deals and endorsements have a lot riding on them etc. the old club v country row might move more people to sack off the national side. It's one of those 'boyhood dreams' that is probably becoming less important as time goes on.
Most top level players play in higher quality games in the CL every season that they don't need international matches to 'play at the highest level' or 'prove they are world class'. Bearing in mind that it's 3 group games, most teams are a bit cagey, then the luck of the draw ( more so with the number of teams being unbalanced) and it doesn't necessarily result in a whole lot of brilliant football being played - Greece proved that in 2004 (not taking anything away from them).
Messi has just done it and he's the best player in the world, in his prime. Even playing for Argentina in the world cup, the standard of football is not up there with some La Liga games and I'm not just talking about El Classico.
Players receive enough abuse from opposition fans on a weekly basis - they don't need the whole of their nation and their nation's uninformed media to get on their backs constantly.
Messi's comments summed it up really. Sometimes it just doesn't come off, it doesn't feel right and you just don't enjoy doing it as much as with your club team mates week in, week out.
I'd rather give up my position to someone who wanted it more than carry on trotting out when I didn't enjoy it.

After the toxic environment around the England Squad and some players, I genuinely hope the English City players both present and future immediately retire from international football. Not worth the hassle.

I thought Sterling was playing well until he was hooked off. I hope he has a great couple of seasons under Pep and tells England to sling it.

As for the game, shite but not even gutted about it. Credit to Iceland, they must be buzzing, knew what they had to do and got the job done. If we couldn't beat Russia, Slovakia and Iceland we definitely didn't deserve anything. Unfortunately Hart was poor again, should have saved that second, although the defending to allow him to shoot was disgraceful. However, special mention to Kane and Rooney who put in 2 of the worst performances i've ever seen. Kane had the worst tournament I think i've seen a player have as well.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.