England vs Iceland - Euro 2016: Last 16 - 27/06/16

The fans were actually booing one of Kane's attempted free kicks and it still didn't sink in. He hasn't taken a decent free kick or corner in the entire tournament. Shearer and Lineker called it during the opening game yet nothing changed. He (Kane) is like the annoying school kid who wants to take every set piece.
I hate Kane, he just wants all the glory to himself. He never ever passes he always tries to shoot no matter how far out he is. Sturridge is similar but not as bad.

It's pretty depressing really!

It is but it's a problem that has been there for a long time. It's a problem that exists within the FA as well. We're incapable of coming up with our own ideas on how the game should be played. We liked the passing game of the Spanish so we decided that would be our youth model. We then liked how the Germans did it and had a conveyor belt of talent through youth level to senior, and did the same with coaching. That's now what we want to copy with Gareth Southgate.

There aren't enough of these know-it-all pundits getting involved. Shearer can fuck right off. Says how he offered himself when Capello got sacked but they said he didn't have enough experience. Now he's saying he'll offer himself again. If you want the job Alan fucking work for it. At least Southgate is getting involved and trying to do something. You can't fault that. I'd rather that than Shearer sit in his studio getting paid fuck loads to slag people off and then get the big job.

We need someone with experience, and outside of the FA's thinking in my opinion. Eddie Howe might not have a huge CV of success but I truly believe he knows the game and has an excellent philosophy of how it should be played. The success of teams like Costa Rica at the World Cup, Italy in these Euro's and indeed Iceland show that a team with a gameplan is much more important than a team with star names. It's if you've got both that you're most dangerous - like the Germans. They were lacking a central target and their whole game was impacted. Gomez comes in and they're instantly back to the Germany we expect to see. A system. Great players. Sensible manager. It's not rocket science.

Sticking 5 up front and no midfield with half an hour to go is the tactics I'd expect from an U14s school coach.

To do that at international level is honestly just mind-blowing.

No strategy, poorly organised, not playing to the strengths of the best players, shoehorning players in because you're scared to drop them.

Why was Rooney marking their biggest player at set pieces? Why was Kane taking all the set pieces when he proved time and time again he was rubbish at them?

What a disaster from Roy Hodgson. He shoulders all the blame for me. Would England have been knocked out by Iceland if Guardiola or Simeone was in charge? Not a chance.

Coming to this thread late, but was I the only one who was literally falling about laughing at just how bad we were. Some of the lack of basic footballing skills, like being able to trap a ball FFS, glaringly lacking amongst so called top professional players. I won't go on, but there were so many things about our game that were just TERRIBLE.

Sticking 5 up front and no midfield with half an hour to go is the tactics I'd expect from an U14s school coach.

To do that at international level is honestly just mind-blowing.

No strategy, poorly organised, not playing to the strengths of the best players, shoehorning players in because you're scared to drop them.

Why was Rooney marking their biggest player at set pieces? Why was Kane taking all the set pieces when he proved time and time again he was rubbish at them?

What a disaster from Roy Hodgson. He shoulders all the blame for me. Would England have been knocked out by Iceland if Guardiola or Simeone was in charge? Not a chance.

Excuse me, I've coached under 14's and if i did that i'd expect the fucking sack!!!

I can't get my head round why after watching Kane or Vardy all season play up front alone with a 'number 10' behind them he's decided they would thrive playing as pairs or 3's.

Sturridge can't play left, Vardy can't play right but no he's trying putting 3 up top together!!

Barclay should have played behind 1 of those 3 and Wilshire next to Dier instead of Rooney with Lalana and Sterling as wide players rotating and Alli on the bench cos he's a fucking liability.

But the final straw was not playing Stones yesterday when he knew we'd spend much of the game trying to break them down so decided to play 2 centre halves who couldn't pass water, and only to compound this by throwing Cahill up top to add to a further congested front 5.

The stats regarding coaching badges in this country compared to elsewhere and a national disgrace and it's time somebody did something about it.

It's too expensive to get them for a lot of people, and then there's the actual state of pitches and facilities you're expected to work on/with.

Coming to this thread late, but was I the only one who was literally falling about laughing at just how bad we were. Some of the lack of basic footballing skills, like being able to trap a ball FFS, glaringly lacking amongst so called top professional players. I won't go on, but there were so many things about our game that were just TERRIBLE.
I started laughing in the pub during the second half..then quickly realised others didn't find it so funny ....

Harry kane is great in the league, but has been terrible all tournament, it was similar too his performance for the u21s last year, he lost any ability he had.

CerHvMkUEAAVNCA.jpg:large

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.