England vs Iceland - Euro 2016: Last 16 - 27/06/16

5 spurs players in the starting line up again and we wonder why we got knocked out by Iceland. Isn't it obvious. No productivity
Well yeah no team should have 5 players from one team unless they play for barca or real Madrid. Was always going to end bad with how they imploded to end the premier league season

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it,but did any pundits or media come out before kick-off and go on about players being played in the wrong position prime example Sturridge on the right wing and sterling on the left for instance,but as soon as the game finished these questions where asked found it strange after the horse had bolted..

Joe was man enough to hold his hands up and give a genuine apology to our supporters and his team mates , i am still waiting for the granny shagging captain marvel to apologize for his abject contribution , really hope the Rags give this c*nt a contract extension and a wage increase on his £300k a week , because he is finished at the top level. Alongside the 35 year old £500k a week Swedish ego , they are going to be the laughing stock of the Premiership next season

Sticking 5 up front and no midfield with half an hour to go is the tactics I'd expect from an U14s school coach.

To do that at international level is honestly just mind-blowing.

No strategy, poorly organised, not playing to the strengths of the best players, shoehorning players in because you're scared to drop them.

Why was Rooney marking their biggest player at set pieces? Why was Kane taking all the set pieces when he proved time and time again he was rubbish at them?

What a disaster from Roy Hodgson. He shoulders all the blame for me. Would England have been knocked out by Iceland if Guardiola or Simeone was in charge? Not a chance.
Good post, says everything really

I think we are all disappointed and lots of pessimists who love predicting we will fail probably gloating a little bit too much... are Icelands player's more talented than ours? Do they have more passion? Or any other nonesense? No I don't believe any of those things. Nor do I believe that players such as Kane, Ali, Rooney, Vardy become better players only when they have better foreign players next to them... that's just rubbish, if you are performing at the top of the Premier League(ie one of the best players) you are good enough for international level... people go over the top with results in these tournaments we do have a lot of decent players compared to some nations(who have done much more with far less). Look at Argentina their bench is better than most starting 11s and it's been like that for years yet they always come away empty handed(they do better than us sure but they never perform like they should be doing against the better teams). It's the curse of the English, good in qualification turn to shit as soon as a tournament starts or as one progresses, probably a hoodoo that will not be lifted in our lifetimes by the looks of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.