England vs Portugal - 02/06/16

The formation played by Woy for most of that game was complete Dog poo.
Vardy has to be up top Sturridge in the hole and Rooney dropped.
Sterling was Englands best player by a million miles for the short time he was on. 3 superb crosses each of which should have been converted (Sturridge is so wasteful from crosses). That said I still thinkSterling will be more effective as a sub against a tiring opposition defence.

Rooney won't be dropped so - "Home before the postcards" (again)

What I really don't understand is that surely the manager wants to be successful, he would be the first to win a trophy with England in 50 years and it would be only the second ever trophy. Yet, he still picks players that aren't as good as others in the squad? Surely he can see Rooney is not as effective as a striker as Kane and not as effective in the advanced Midfield role as Alli? But he still plays him and kills any chance of winning.
What does Roy get by not winning but playing Rooney? Is he on orders? Is he getting paid to play certain players? I just really don't get it.

It is the same every tournament. Bullshit selections, bullshit formations, bullshit strategy, round pegs in square holes to accommodate a clown who's best years are well behind him and yet expecting things to turn out differently this time. Which is the very definition of insanity, of course.

CkCaxz-XIAALt2J

Woy thinking about Henderson, Milner and Wooney...

What I really don't understand is that surely the manager wants to be successful, he would be the first to win a trophy with England in 50 years and it would be only the second ever trophy. Yet, he still picks players that aren't as good as others in the squad? Surely he can see Rooney is not as effective as a striker as Kane and not as effective in the advanced Midfield role as Alli? But he still plays him and kills any chance of winning.
What does Roy get by not winning but playing Rooney? Is he on orders? Is he getting paid to play certain players? I just really don't get it.

Yes, I think so. There is no other reason that can possibly justify his constant inclusion of Shrek over and above other better players. Anyone who loves football can see that Vardy and/or Kane are a far far better option for us than Shrek, but no, Woy HAS to include him in the team. And if it means our better players are not in their best positions because they have to accommodate the fat, balding, ageing Rooney then so be it.

From what I saw last night, no country has anything to fear from this England team. We were bang average against a poor Portugal side that played most of the game with only 10 men. How anybody can see a positive in that I'll never know.

It would be unfair to blame it all entirely on Shrek, but the crux of the matter is that he is way past his best - and has been for a number of years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.