England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Of course England have very talented players but there are gaps.

Pickford is not World Class. Good Keeper but not in the same class as some previous Keepers

Harry MaGuire gets a lot of stick at club level and a real whipping boy for United supporters.

Luke Shaw wouldn’t get a game for Scotland

How old is Henderson ?

Right back very strong

Stones , Foden, Bellingham, Grealish , Saka and Kane are the standouts.

Does England have real quality in depth upfront? There’s a big drop down from Kane to whoever is next in line.

England have done far worse in competitions with far more talented groups

That all said I agree that England should have won Euros.

Your defending him by explaining the players he picks are shite which is the very reason we are critical of him.

He burst onto the scene with an air of confidence having coaches at youth level & now reverted back to playing as if it’s the 90s.

Has he not got the best out of Saka then? Or Bellingham ? Or Rice? Or many of our young outstanding talents, in both tournaments England had one of the youngest sides. He gives youth a chance, one thing England fans always cry out for.

Last point is your opinion, I would say at least 5-6 Prem clubs would snap him up straight away.

I don’t think he did get the best out of Bellingham or Rice but he did Saka, Walker & Stones. I think he got what you’d expect out of Pickford, Shaw, Henderson & Mount which is not a lot & got fuck all out of talents like Foden, Grealish, Madison.

Which 5 or 6? Do you think City have thought what about when Pep leaves?

Has he not got the best out of Saka then? Or Bellingham ? Or Rice? Or many of our young outstanding talents, in both tournaments England had one of the youngest sides. He gives youth a chance, one thing England fans always cry out for.

Last point is your opinion, I would say at least 5-6 Prem clubs would snap him up straight away.
He's the Cressida Dick of football managers. Insisting he is the right person for the job to sort out the failings every time they bomb out of a tournament, backed by a load of spineless acolytes in the football hierarchy and clueless no-nowts on the terraces.

I'm not talking about any England manager, you are... comparing him (favourably) with other failures.
OK... it's clear you consider his "honours list" a success, I (and many others) do not.
No doubt you'll be delighted with another season under Moyes, as long as he wins nowt, fails to get the best out of his talented players, picks the wrong formations and tactics time after time, and makes sure slabhead is in the defence (sic). Southgate preaches about taking the knee in Europe, but didn't take the cock in Qatar - happy to take the money though. An utter fucking non-descript, beige thundercunt of a manager, gobby about all sorts of shite except the stuff that matters on the pitch.

Win summat, or if you can't manage that, at least entertain. If you can't manage that, with those players at your disposal, then just fuck off. At least KK had the balls to admit he wasn't up for the job. Not this snivelling shit-faced creep, he'll Trump it out with the mindless backing of eejits like yourself.

However, if you are on a wind-up... I doff my cap.

It’s just the same old shite abuse that will be labelled under any England manager, no manager can get the squad players that YOU demand, no manager can get the formation and style that YOU demand - and even if a manager did they’ll be millions venting and abusing the manager because they want something different.

Anyone with a few brain cells can realise it’s a complete poison challice up against tribal based football fans that just chuck out their demands and then their toys when they don’t get there own way.

England win pretty much every single match under Southgate, Euros final and a WC semi final - really isn’t much more he can do.

If you watch other nations play you’d realise very rarely is there much fluidity, attacking ‘entertainment’ - I’ve watched Germany, Italy, Spain in recent years and most games are a complete bore. That’s just the nature of international football. Players are not used to each other week in week out so play more safe.

No idea the Moyes part you mention, the guys worked wonders for us Hammers and delivered a trophy.

All the rest is just word salad abuse and hot air - which pretty much sums up modern day fans.

Last edited:
It’s just the same old shite abuse that will be labelled under any England manager, no manager can get the squad players that YOU demand, no manager can get the formation and style that YOU demand - and even if a manager did they’ll be millions venting and abusing the manager because they want something different.

Anyone with a few brain cells can realise it’s a complete poison challice up against tribal based football fans that just chuck out their demands and then their toys when they don’t get there own way.

England win pretty much every single match under Southgate, Euros final and a WC semi final - really isn’t much more he can do.

If you watch other nations play you’d realise very rarely is there much fluidity, attacking ‘entertainment’ - I’ve watched Germany, Italy, Spain in recent years and most games are a complete bore. That’s just the nature of international football. Players are not used to each other week in week out so play more safe.

No idea the Moyes part you mention, the guys worked wonders for us Hammers and delivered a trophy.

All the rest is just word salad abuse and hot air - which pretty much somes up modern day fans.

All the rest is just word salad abuse and hot air - which pretty much somes up modern day fans.
So, you're happy with no entertainment... and no success - well at least we've found your level of satisfaction.
Simple things, and all that.

Stick a fork in me, etc

guess who hasn't?

to win a international tournament is so f*ckin tough regardless if you have the best manager in the world and the best team. Man City, Pep in the champions league know all to well.

So many factors have to go your way to win a major tournament, especially a knockout one. Why should we have the divine right to win it over every other nation in the next World Cup ? We don’t. We just got to get behind and support , although most like yourself probably half hope we lose.

‘Entertainment’ argument is subjective and tedious, we hardly had any possession against Brighton at the weekend yet countered attacked them at pace , scored 3 and could have had more. It was a joy to watch. Entertainment comes in many forms. What I do know though is that it’s a results buisness- if England don’t win a game no one gives a f*ck if it was ‘entertaining’ it’s just pure outrage and abuse.

to win a international tournament is so f*ckin tough regardless if you have the best manager in the world and the best team. Man City, Pep in the champions league know all to well.

So many factors have to go your way to win a major tournament, especially a knockout one. Why should we have the divine right to win it over every other nation in the next World Cup ? We don’t. We just got to get behind and support , although most like yourself probably half hope we lose.

‘Entertainment’ argument is subjective and tedious, we hardly had any possession against Brighton at the weekend yet countered attacked them at pace , scored 3 and could have had more. It was a joy to watch. Entertainment comes in many forms. What I do know though is that it’s a results buisness- if England don’t win a game no one gives a f*ck if it was ‘entertaining’ it’s just pure outrage and abuse.
OK, you've bored me into submission, you're as tedious as he is. I give in, give him a knighthood now. Best manager ever. Maybe he can replace Nadine Dorries while he's at it too.
Anyhoo, dog's anal glands need doing and, as unpleasant an experience as it is, has suddenly taken on a charm I'd never previously noticed.
Laters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.