England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

I support City not England. I find it impossible to really cheer for a team with rags and dippers in it. I do it through gritted teeth in major tournaments but Im just not arsed. Even losing the Euros final I just found it funny St Marcus the dinner lady was the one to fuck it up.
What's with this nonsense?

I support City not England. I find it impossible to really cheer for a team with rags and dippers in it. I do it through gritted teeth in major tournaments but Im just not arsed. Even losing the Euros final I just found it funny St Marcus the dinner lady was the one to fuck it up.
I feel exactly the same. Can’t ever really get behind them. But until the commentators and pundits drive me to a crack pipe, I like to see them win. That’s what us Scots can’t stand. It’s not the team, it’s the whole fucking circus of shit that we have to listen to.

Somebody who plays Alexandra arnold in an un natural position before foden, says everything needed to know regarding englands coach
And yet some can't see how our man is sidelinded.
Anything to keep THE generational talent away from centre mid of the international team,as once he is in and settled,he is there for a decade.
Southgate and the FA know this,the puppet and the puppet masters work overtime to derail his progression. Having a ridiculously talented ,two footed goal scoring home grown City youth graduate orchestrating the international midfield is not part of the plan,despite 5 titles and a treble

Next we will see Harry Maguire take up a new exciting attacking midfield role for Southgate...

I still remember young England playing Foden in his rightful position ,he took a pass from Maddison,skipped round 6 players on a brilliant mazy run and scored.
Next match he was dropped..sorry " rested"... and the last match of the qualifiers England were out after van bissakas last min own goal.

Imagine John Barnes scoring that incredible goal for England in Brazil,and then being " rested " next match,ffs

Unforgiveable.

Only France has more depth currently and they have been to last 2 WC finals. England massively underacheiving.

I don't get how you can say that after a 7-0 win which has put us top of the group with 4 wins out of 4 including a win away in Italy which happens how often for England?!

There are better things he can do tactically but he's incredibly weak in that department, but very strong in others. Foden should be in this England side based on talent, but he's generally piss poor in an England shirt sadly.

We've had some very good managers who haven't achieved what Southgate has, and they've had much better squads. As good as this England side is it is hugely lacking options at CB and goalkeeper. Foden should emerge as an option centrally over the next 12 months to give Southgate a headache with his midfield three.

In the 90s we had fantastic strikers but no real tactical solution to the lack of left sided players. If you look at football now it's baffling how that was an issue. Then we had Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Owen, Beckham, Wio, Terry, Cole - world class players galore who still couldn't win things because they didn't get on as a team and we couldn't fit them into a system.

We've had some good teams in the past: had some really fantastic players, but we've been continuously let down by England managers who pick their favourites instead of whoever's best for the job.

It reminds me of the government in this country: appoint someone to look after the schools and education system, if they fuck it up move them on to the ministry of defence, and if they ruin that as well make them head of transport or something else. But most importantly, keep them in your cabinet. Whatever else you MUST find something for them to do - however bloody useless they are. By whichever means necessary, justify their inclusion in everything.
And this is precisely how the England team seems to be run: we know Trent Pirlo, Henderson, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and Pickford should not be representing our country at international level. They simply are not good enough. But they will still be the first names on the team sheet. Always.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.