England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Waistcoats latest comments about rico lewis were exactly what I expected to hear from him and read as "I haven't got a fucking clue how to use him so he's staying with the 21's"

Rico could compliment the England midfield brilliantly. Seeing as waistcoat won't recognise foden as a central midfield option, there's a very obvious gap for him in midfield alongside Rice with Bellingham ahead of them. He'd slot in as the link and the added bit of protection waistcoat insists on

I’m baffled why Rico has not been called up.

Years ago every rag English player that got 5 minutes playing time on the pitch was called up to the national side. Bizarre with Rico. Suppose waistcoat does not want the nation to see and show we are the backbone of the national team. Got to confess though don’t watch much of the national games.

Yes, I understand the point of the forum and any England thread is to constantly moan and criticise.

Would I want Henderson at West Ham ? Not particularly , feel we have enough central midfielders and players with leadership that we’re ok in that area.

However , If Moyes (who I have faith in) wanted him and bought him in I wouldn’t be whinging and moaning about it, and I’d certainly give him support when he played and not be desperate to criticise any player wearing claret n blue.

Let me ask you this, if England do well once again next tournament and it turns out Henderson was a real positive influence around the younger players in the camp/training ground and he played the odd game well and come on to see out games. Would you genuinely acknowledge the role he played ?
He could make Henderson a coach and take an extra player if “Hendo” is just there to be a positive influence.

I was thinking that. 1990 World Cup, Euro 96 and obviously 1966 squads spring to mind.
The difference is our players are now more tactically aware due to a certain J. Guardiola transforming our style of play.

England are the only country where he currently managed to not win an International tournament, and even Southgate has got us to a final.

Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham is better than what we've had for a very long time, at least on paper. Rice is also the best holding midfielder we've had in my lifetime. Owen Hargreaves was great but also far too injury stricken. The strength in depth in attack and at full-back is far stronger than our teams of yesteryear unless you're deluded.
Gareth Barry was a far better 6 than Rice.

Until Guardiola came, we never played with a 6 with any regularity and that was one of our main failings.

World class has lost its meaning if we are throwing Rice in. Jesus wept.

One of first names on team sheets for England nowadays and Arsenal paid £100 mill. Having watched Rice many times I would certainly put him in that bracket.

One of first names on team sheets for England nowadays and Arsenal paid £100 mill. Having watched Rice many times I would certainly put him in that bracket.
Like I said, lost its meaning. He’s in that exclusive bracket alongside Maguire, Henderson and Pickford who are also first names on the scoresheet.
Not sure transfer fee tells you anything more than transfer fees being up the wall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.