England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Rice is world class, Hargreaves wasn't near that for me.

It's hard to think of many players for England in recent years that play the position Rice does, certainly Gerrard could fit in that role and he was truly great.
Hargreaves was a superb footballer Rice is not world class and WHU had Arsenal’s pants down with that fee, probably pushed up by their desperation and City popping up

Reactions: PPT
Take nothing away from Rice btw, he’s an excellent player who may well he in the conversation one day.

Rough estimate but how many players would you put ahead of Kane/Bellingham/Saka is their respective positions ?
Kane is world class, Bellingham & Saka could very well turn out to be but i just think they need to do it for a bit longer

Gareth Barry was a far better 6 than Rice.

Until Guardiola came, we never played with a 6 with any regularity and that was one of our main failings.

Barry was often utter garbage in an England shirt. Gave one of the worst individual performances I've seen when we lost to Germany 4-1 in that game where Lampard wasn't given a clear goal. He looked like he was running through treacle and with his feet bound together.

"We have achieved that throughout the rest of Europe, because when I travel I realise that's how people now see us."

Southgate added: "We haven't achieved that so much with our own public at times."

Gaslighting ****.

Barry was often utter garbage in an England shirt. Gave one of the worst individual performances I've seen when we lost to Germany 4-1 in that game where Lampard wasn't given a clear goal. He looked like he was running through treacle and with his feet bound together.
That’s because England didn’t play him as a six.

We wasted two extremely good midfielders in Gerrard and Lampard too as we never worked out a system that enhanced them. It also made Scholes retire.

You think that if we had Pep in charge with those 3 that he wouldn’t have found a system or style to use them?

I do.

Rice is world class, Hargreaves wasn't near that for me.

It's hard to think of many players for England in recent years that play the position Rice does, certainly Gerrard could fit in that role and he was truly great.
I like you as a poster and try to respect your opinions but I don't think you are doing your reputation any favours here. Rice world class? Southgate top manager? One more to make up a trio please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.