England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

If you think that ..then you are entitled to your view..
Mine is he's decent but nowhere near world class

So other than Rodri, who would you say are the world-class defensive midfielders in the PL? Or who other than the already mentioned is better than Rice?

So other than Rodri, who would you say are the world-class defensive midfielders in the PL? Or who other than the already mentioned is better than Rice?
I wouldn't really say that any apart from Rod are outstanding..
Certainly none are world class in my opinion

Rice never played asa defensive midfielder at West Ham. Until this season, he’s been used as a box to box midfielder, apart from with England.

Even then, until relatively recently, Southgate picked 5 at the back to hide our midfield deficiency.

Never seen Rice take a game by the scruff of the neck and influence it. Hardly seen him in our half when we've played against him although that isn't his fault. To me, I hardly ever see a forward pass. Just my opinion.

I’ve had a season ticket at West Ham for 30+ years , I’ve never seen a player take the game ‘by the scruff of the neck and influence it’ as much as I have seen Rice done and there’s zero chance we would have got Europa semi final and Conference trophy without him.

Last edited:
In the midfield position much less ..

Oh right. So only about 2 players can be categorised as World Class for a midfield position in your eyes, suppose fair enough why you scoff at anyone’s suggestions aside your own couple lol

And guess them two would both play coincidentally for Man City ?

Oh right. So only about 2 players can be categorised as World Class for a midfield position in your eyes, suppose fair enough why you scoff at anyone’s suggestions aside your own couple lol

And guess them two would both play coincidentally for Man City ?
Well they sure as hell don't play for Wet Spam..
In England the only one I would rate as world class is Rod.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.