England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

I always say england have got to a semi and a final DESPITE southgate, not because of

Heres a question … if they sacked him tomorrow , and you were in charge of finding a replacement … who would u get
My milkman or window cleaner would do a job that’s no worse.
Realistically, it’s a job for an old bugger who has been successful but wants to ease himself into retirement. Look at the job Jack Charlton did in between fishing.

• Get the best football coach you can to do elite-level football coaching to the best players in the country.
  • Get the best media-savvy sock-puppet who’ll mouth all the right opinions to camera on any given subject to do all of that cobblers.
  • Get prepared to hire two people to do two completely unrelated jobs.
Or fail, again.

Southgate is a decidedly average coach , probs championship level
But …. England have a pretty piss poor squad really. Bar maybe 3 or so decent players
Not having the piss poor squad statement.

The team below would challenge strongly for the title and Champions League if it played in those competitions and was coached well.

Ramsdale

Walker Stones Colwill Chilwell

Rice

Bellingham Foden

Saka Kane Grealish

Subs: Pickford, Lewis, Dunk, Madison, Watkins etc.

I do have a little bit of sympathy for international coaches as trying to get players to play a sophisticated system as used by City is not really possible given the limited amount of time they have with the players.

International football is very tedious though.

Mr Grey, Southsafe or whatever managed to create a "club" mentality amongst the players and the FA and media love him for his eloquence and the fact he makes qualification a breeze.

However, he has had the advantage of the best crop of talent ever to come through at once (imo) and the fact that nearly all of them are more comfortable on the ball due to Pep tactics rubbing off on the English game. We are short at centre back, left back and goalkeeping positions but it does not help he favours Maguire over other better centre halves.

Playing two holding midfielders to defend that position is unforgivable. But his in play game management is practically non existent and has cost this England side at least one trophy and two finals in the last 5 years!
Nail on head.

Not having the piss poor squad statement.

The team below would challenge strongly for the title and Champions League if it played in those competitions and was coached well.

Ramsdale

Rice

Bellingham Foden

Saka Kane Grealish

I do have a little bit of sympathy for international coaches as trying to get players to play a sophisticated system as used by City is not really possible given the limited amount of time they have with the players.

International football is very tedious though.

You forgot to pick any rags or dippers

Southgate is a decidedly average coach , probs championship level
But …. England have a pretty piss poor squad really. Bar maybe 3 or so decent players
Ramsdale

Rice

Bellingham Foden

Saka Kane Grealish

And any club team that had the resources to assemble that team wouldn't dream of hiring Gareth Southgate to manage them.

I simply don't see the point in England having players like Kane, Bellingham, Foden, Stones etc etc if you're not going to get a quality coach that matches that level.

There's a reason big clubs hire the likes of Pep, Klopp etc and pay them big money. If all you needed is good players, then we could save a lot of dough and get any old manager in instead of Pep.

Obviously I'm not expecting Pep level as England manager, but there's a hell of a gulf between his level and Southgate level. Even just someone who bridges that gap in terms of levels would be better.

People will say we've had good players in the past and got big managers like Fabio Capello and it didn't work and there's some truth to that but, I also think international football now is pretty weak with the likes of France, Brazil and Italy all looking much shitter than they were during the generation of our supposed golden generation. so if we actually had a tactical astute manager for the national team, we would have a very good chance of winning something just based on international football at the moment not being particularly strong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.