Enzo Fernandez

I think we are moving away from the tikitaka players now though mate? Power with technical skill seems to be the mantra
Probably not in the midfield, as long as we have Pep it will be intricate players who play intricate passes in the midfield

Tidy is a good description.

He's not Bellingham levels, nowhere near, that kid is a phenom in the making, of Haaland-ilk.

A born winner, with the intelligence and physical attributes to match.

Bellingham is a future Yaya with the lungs and legs to surpass.
But didn't Yaya himself see Bellingham more a future Deli Ali?

I think we are moving away from the tikitaka players now though mate? Power with technical skill seems to be the mantra
Indeed, pep is nobodies fool, he can see the physical evolution of the game over here, having already debunked the previous narrative; again though, this is as a consequence to his mantra of technical ability, it’s just the Herman’s are becoming more adept with the fuseball (:

He won’t get the credit but what Pep has done for the modern game is unparalleled

if you think bellingham is better midfielder than enzo you don't understand midfield. and you have bought into the english media hype. enzo is more complete than bellingham and has more assets and skills to his game. I would say bellingham is one paced footballer. the only advantage I would give bellingham is he is good at shielding the ball and dribbling compared to enzo. Enzo has better positioning, passing, defensive actions, shooting, vision etc.

yaya comparision maybe good for bellingham but remember yaya is not a modernn type of pep midfielder, while enzo is a perfect archetype pep midfielder. imo having watched bellingham and enzo an equal amount at their clubs I would say Enzo is clear and the biggest midfield talent I have seen since a young Luka modric.
Have to say both are outstanding players but totally different in lots of ways

There next move is Absalutely massive for there careers, Without a doubt under the right manager both will go on to speacial things

Difference for me is Bellingham will imo become that complete midfield player who would get into every top side in world football

This kid is a man at 19 years of age he is already a beast of a player & imagine after 3 years with Pep he will be even better

Enzo is 3 years older come January so give Jude that time & comeback & see the difference

if you think bellingham is better midfielder than enzo you don't understand midfield. and you have bought into the english media hype. enzo is more complete than bellingham and has more assets and skills to his game. I would say bellingham is one paced footballer. the only advantage I would give bellingham is he is good at shielding the ball and dribbling compared to enzo. Enzo has better positioning, passing, defensive actions, shooting, vision etc.

yaya comparision maybe good for bellingham but remember yaya is not a modernn type of pep midfielder, while enzo is a perfect archetype pep midfielder. imo having watched bellingham and enzo an equal amount at their clubs I would say Enzo is clear and the biggest midfield talent I have seen since a young Luka modric.

Nope, I don't understand a game I have watched for 45 years and worked in for almost 30 of them.

It's my opinion, it counts for little, but please don't try to suggest I don't know much about the game.

I've seen live, most of the greatest midfielders of the last 30 years and I can tell you Bellingham fits this next evolution of City's midfield like a glove.

And he's the most exciting midfielder of his type I've seen since Bryan Robson.

You are missing my point, Bellingham is the perfect Yaya hybrid, which leaves someone like Fernandez strictly in the shade.

I've always had Bellingham down as a Yaya/Dinho hybrid.....and that equates to a fucking monster!

He doesn't look after the ball, dictate play, have the close dribbling or score the kind of goals that Yaya did - and IMO those are the things that define Yaya Touré and put him above any other midfielder in the world at his peak.

Bellingham owes a lot to Lampard & Gerrard, but I think young Fernandinho is probably a good comparison, I just don't see a lot of Yaya in there.

It's arguable, but I think he is around Bellingham levels tbh.

When watching River Plate for Alvarez, Enzo also stood out as a huge talent.

Benfica fans are now also echoing that sentiment, he's been fantastic.

Bellingham is a couple years younger and english so will cost a fortune, and I still think we should get him, but Enzo would be an excellent shout.

Fuck just buy all 3 8's (Bellingham, Mac Allister and Enzo), the current 3 8's we have are either getting old (Gundogan, KdB) and need understudies or want to leave (Bernie).

If we get 2 out of 3 of these players, that'd be amazing buys. Mac Allister is perhaps going under the radar.
If brighton demand 60m for a LB without international experience, imagine the fee theyd expect for a CM that has starred on the biggest stage of them all

Nope, I don't understand a game I have watched for 45 years and worked in for almost 30 of them.

It's my opinion, it counts for little, but please don't try to suggest I don't know much about the game.

I've seen live, most of the greatest midfielders of the last 30 years and I can tell you Bellingham fits this next evolution of City's midfield like a glove.

And he's the most exciting midfielder of his type I've seen since Bryan Robson.

You are missing my point, Bellingham is the perfect Yaya hybrid, which leaves someone like Fernandez strictly in the shade.
Enzo seems the type to thrive in the shade TBH. Behind Alvarez at RP and Messi with Argentina. He plays like an ideal cog in a machine, not the focal point of a gameplan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.