Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand the constant critcism of John Stones.

On what planet is he not playing well and running out of chances, because it ain't Earth.
Stones is not a bad player but Garcia I believe despite not yet having the physical presence is better at organising a defence, has more composure under pressure and potentially has far greater leadership qualities than Stones. Stones is at his best when he is guided by someone be it Vinny, Laporte or even Otto when he was fairly decent. There are sadly some very earthly reasons for thinking John is not the man for the moment.

Went the full 90 at center back for Spain U21 --- 3-0 win vs Macedonia. Normal EG mode. Did have one big screw up in 1st half tho - popped the ball up instead of punching a header back to his keeper. A scramble ensued giving Macedonia some space and numbers bum-rushing the box, but EG recovered and tackled the ball for a corner with a nice play.

Oh yeah, Manu Garcia scored a golazo. Find the replay at R/soccer or something, dribbled right down their throat and slotted it home.

EG played the full 90' at LCB for the first time on the U21s, IIRC. Think the other 3 defenders were all fresh faces, too - ball didn't flow between them quite as rhythmically. Same old same old for Garcia - steady as a rock. 1-1 draw on a late Israel PK - the other Spanish CB hand-slapped a cross like a momo.

I honestly think Eric Garcia is the second best defender in our team after Laporte. Just look at him; his reading of the game, positioning, tackles, calmness. He plays so mature.

I cannot understand what Pep is waiting for. He is definitely ready and if not now, when?

Why on God’s green earth does Otamendi start ahead of Garcia? Unbelievable.

I honestly think Eric Garcia is the second best defender in our team after Laporte. Just look at him; his reading of the game, positioning, tackles, calmness. He plays so mature.

I cannot understand what Pep is waiting for. He is definitely ready and if not now, when?

Why on God’s green earth does Otamendi start ahead of Garcia? Unbelievable.
Lol,he has played once or twice in cup games and he's our 2nd best defender? he has to learn to play in a pep team,he is a child

Lol,he has played once or twice in cup games and he's our 2nd best defender? he has to learn to play in a pep team,he is a child
He is certainly better than the current Otamendi, who is absolutely dire. Stones is not much better, lets be honest. Which is why we will probably ship out Otamendi and buy top CB in January. Laporte, new CB, Garcia, Stones as options sounds good.

He is certainly better than the current Otamendi, who is absolutely dire. Stones is not much better, lets be honest. Which is why we will probably ship out Otamendi and buy top CB in January. Laporte, new CB, Garcia, Stones as options sounds good.
No way is a kid with few mins in the first team better than any of our cb's,he looks very good under certain circumstances but he is not ready for the prem and cl's which is what is being suggested by those saying h is our 2nd best cb

No way is a kid with few mins in the first team better than any of our cb's,he looks very good under certain circumstances but he is not ready for the prem and cl's which is what is being suggested by those saying h is our 2nd best cb

You’re talking as if Garcia only played 4-5 minutes in total for the club. Maybe in the Premier League. He played full games in Carabao and FA (?) and it’s clear he is a solid centre back. He rarely makes mistakes, he doesn’t engage in one against ones and not only miss the ball but the entire player as Otamendi did against Wolves. He uses his calmness and he thinks before he acts. I haven’t seen as much of him as I have with Stones and Otamendi, but honestly they are both so prone to errors, I would welcome Garcia with open arms to play with a mentor like Fernandinho right now. The boy is class and it doesn’t matter if he is 18.

Bit of a leap to make that statement. Pitch him up against Abraham, vardy, rashford and aubamayang over the next month and he could well be ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.