Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but considering we'll most likely purchase a young CB as we usually do our business and the age of Rodri, it doesn't look like Garcia really has much of a shot.

Don't think the lad has much chance at all of making it here but he'll have a decent career elsewhere.

Pep has a history of playing tall DMs into the CB spot, in fact Rodri seems like the more logical choice than Dinho in this regard.

Gonna echo in what others said, he is only 18, Dinho isn't going to be here that long and Otamendi will probably be the same. The lad has time on his side.
This is the right answer, Pep will do what he feels is best to win football games at this club.

Don't think the lad has much chance at all of making it here but he'll have a decent career elsewhere.

Yup I'm inclined to agree with you there but doesn't bode well for younger players considering how often Pep praises and 'trusts' him

Pep has a history of playing tall DMs into the CB spot

Does he?

His most famous CB conversion is Mascherano, who's a midget. At Bayern he converted Alosno who's not tall, Kimmich - short, and here his first conversion was Kolarov - short, while his first choice this season was Fernandinho.

Outside of playing Yaya there for half a dozen games he's always used short midfielders to be CBs.

I suppose you could count Javi Martinez, but he was mostly injury cover and had played a lot at CB before so it wasn't really a Guardiola conversion, just a stop-gap.

Eric Garcia is taller than Kimmich and Mascherano, who Pep trusted completely at the position, and played against centre forwards big and small. It's not his height holding him back, more likely his age and the unsettled nature of our backline.

Last edited:
Does he?

His most famous CB conversion is Mascherano, who's a midget. At Bayern he converted Alosno who's not tall, Kimmich - short, and here his first conversion was Kolarov - short, while his first choice this season was Fernandinho.

Outside of playing Yaya there for half a dozen games he's always used short midfielders to be CBs.

I suppose you could count Javi Martinez, but he was mostly injury cover and had played a lot at CB before so it wasn't really a Guardiola conversion, just a stop-gap.

Eric Garcia is taller than Kimmich and Mascherano, who Pep trusted completely at the position, and played against centre forwards big and small. It's not his height holding him back, more likely his age and the unsettled nature of our backline.
Hmmm your right, I commented too quickly regarding Javi and Alonso (who I thought is atleast 6ft so I counted him). He has played many short players as you listed.

Your right, you don't really want to test your young promising center back in an unsettled back four, so Pep probably wants some stability there.

If he doesn't get a chance here and leaves I predict the same story as what happened to Sancho. This guy is a real talent imo

If he doesn't get a chance here and leaves I predict the same story as what happened to Sancho. This guy is a real talent imo

Barca are desperately trying to find a new CB as well. Wouldn't surprised me at all if he does what Pique did.

Pep has a history of playing tall DMs into the CB spot, in fact Rodri seems like the more logical choice than Dinho in this regard.

Gonna echo in what others said, he is only 18, Dinho isn't going to be here that long and Otamendi will probably be the same. The lad has time on his side.
Macherano, Kimmich,.. I would say Pep has a history of playing short DM's at CB.

Edit: Sorry. Disn't see this was allready posted by another member.

Very clever player. For all the stick Otamendi gets I think he's done a great job keeping an eye to him when they've played together in league cup and they work well together. Should play for as long as we stay in the competition, no dropping him for the final should we get there this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.