Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca are desperately trying to find a new CB as well. Wouldn't surprised me at all if he does what Pique did.
I don't think Puyol would take him back with the state Barca are in at the moment.

I thought he had a good game last night, not the biggest test of course but all learning experiences. I don't think his height is an issue really, if you have someone like Laporte alongside him and two full backs 6ft+ its not a huge problem. Rodri in there is also key for aerial battles.

If we can secure qualification against Atalanta next week, would be great to see him start the last two group games.

If we can secure qualification against Atalanta next week, would be great to see him start the last two group games.

Completely agree. Would be a great chance to get Garcia, THB, Foden, Doyle, Bernabe, and Poveda some game time and let our older players get some much needed rest as the fixtures pile up.

ericgm3 on feeling ready to start in the Premier League: “With these games, it helps to be ready if someday I have the opportunity. Those type of games are the ones that are really helping me. So I keep working and wait for my opportunity to prove I can also play..."

“I’m really happy for the opportunity to play in the Carabao Cup. It’s very important for me. With the confidence the staff and the players give to me, on the pitch it’s very easy. Pep says just to play like I do always and be confident..."

"...be calm and speak with players - they will help and I need to help them. The staff and players help me a lot. I have more contact with the defenders - we play in the same position and we help each other."

“I haven’t heard anything [about a loan move]. I am fully focused on the training session and playing in these type of games [Carabao Cup].” [via @goal]

Without getting carried away (and then getting carried away) this lad is an incredible talent. No point wasting money on a centre half-he's ready now.

If Garcia was at a club like Ajax he would be playing every week , they nurture their players in the 1st team , De Ligt being the perfect example , with Laporte out and Stones and Otto not playing well there will never be a better chance to throw Garcia into the team. The old adage is if you good enough your old enough and Garcia fits that description , a future centre back pairing of Garcia and Laporte is the future , Otto is past his best and Stones is running out of chances.

I will never understand the constant critcism of John Stones.

On what planet is he not playing well and running out of chances, because it ain't Earth.

On what planet is he not playing well and running out of chances, because it ain't Earth.

It's not that he isn't playing well but he just can't seem to get into a rhythm, constant niggling injuries and lapses of concentration have riddled his game. Quality wise it's there with him because it just hasn't really happened for him so far. I do look back to his partnership at the start of last season with Laporte which should give us hope though.

This one. He hasn't played consistently in the team since the first half of the centurion season and we're very likely buying a new centerback in the summer. If he want to be more than third choice next season and on the bench for all the important games he needs to stay on the field and play well for the rest of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.