Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry must not express an opinion about a City player on a City forum. Doubt a Pep thinks he’ll be top class anyway. He’s currently picking him ahead of calamity one and two.

No problem you expressing it mate.

I don't agree mind.

Sorry must not express an opinion about a City player on a City forum. Doubt a Pep thinks he’ll be top class anyway. He’s currently picking him ahead of calamity one and two.

I don't think any of us will know how good he will be just yet. One of the biggest things he has going for him is his intelligence and ability to read the game - this is what impresses Pep the most I think. Having played at a decent level myself fullback was the position I could never get to grips with. I remember being brought on at right back for Peterborough and 20 mins later was taken off, I was completely lost (Shit actually & never recovered. I was released the following month). Eric had that look the other night so it maybe unfair to base any opinion on those 45mins - he's has been decent in all his other appearances and shows a lot of promise. I hope he stays and becomes our alternate CB, he has a lot of potential.

I do agree 100% about Otamendi and Stones - they are experienced internationals who went into panic mode and that nearly cost us the game. Ota has always redeemed himself by throwing his body on the line but often he has to do that following his own mistake. Stones has just lost confidence and it's hard to predict if he will be able to forge a long career with us.

I don't think any of us will know how good he will be just yet. One of the biggest things he has going for him is his intelligence and ability to read the game - this is what impresses Pep the most I think. Having played at a decent level myself fullback was the position I could never get to grips with. I remember being brought on at right back for Peterborough and 20 mins later was taken off, I was completely lost (Shit actually & never recovered. I was released the following month). Eric had that look the other night so it maybe unfair to base any opinion on those 45mins - he's has been decent in all his other appearances and shows a lot of promise. I hope he stays and becomes our alternate CB, he has a lot of potential.

I do agree 100% about Otamendi and Stones - they are experienced internationals who went into panic mode and that nearly cost us the game. Ota has always redeemed himself by throwing his body on the line but often he has to do that following his own mistake. Stones has just lost confidence and it's hard to predict if he will be able to forge a long career with us.

Yeah I wasn’t judging him as a full back. Like you say loads of top class centre backs have really struggled at full back over the years. I think Garcia will look very good at times in a side like ours because we’ll always dominate possession and he’s very comfortable on the ball. I just think when it comes to the crunch his weaknesses will get badly exposed in the long run. Time will tell though.

The player is how old? He needs to get stronger. No kidding.
I like to say last night was another great experience for the lad to develop himself. That’s the stage he is in right now. A developing and young football player.
Correct. Summed up perfectly. No need to go over the top claiming he's the next VK

That doesn’t explain his back heel flick last night or how easily he was beaten in a one v one. He may be the best option for bringing the ball out but he would worry me having to mark Benzema. He needs to get stronger.
Yeah, he would worry me coming up against ‘top’ players like Aubameyang, Lacazette, Salah, Mane, and Firmino, as well.

Would get absolutely bossed at CB by any one of them...

Yeah, he would worry me coming up against ‘top’ players like Aubameyang, Lacazette, Salah, Mane, and Firmino, as well.

Would get absolutely bossed at CB by any one of them...

You think he was stopping Liverpool as they had 3/4 great chances in the first 30 minutes? The fact they happened to miss had nothing to do with Garcia.

Great comments to read for a young player who recently made his PL debut.

Oh how we fancy youth players in the team. Up until they actually are playing.

You think he was stopping Liverpool as they had 3/4 great chances in the first 30 minutes? The fact they happened to miss had nothing to do with Garcia.
Even now I`d have in any time over Oti and Stones.I`ve seen more experienced players than Garcia get a fucking tonking from Liverpools front three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.